Rouge Attack

Rouge Attack

Derrick’s POV

            In the month that we were here, most of the pack learned fast. All of the except for the alpha and his mate; they refused to learn. Gideon made me sick. An alpha should lead his people and he should be able to protect them. He should not expect for them to protect him in a battle.

            I watch as Henri, Ryan, Aaron and Dean run towards the woods. I was glad that Ryan and Henri patched things up. At first, I wasn’t sure that it was a good thing, but as the days flew by, I could see that she was happier. But that happiness was clouded when Gideon or his mate, Lillian I think her name is, would enter a room.

            I sigh and turn back to the papers in my hand. Dean, keep a close eye on Henri today, alright? I just got word that some rogues are after her. They might plan an attack here or wait until we’re on our way home tomorrow.

            Sure thing boss. But I think that they’ll have a rough time getting her away from all of us guys.

            You never know Dean.

            Yeah, yeah. You….Hang on a minute Derrick. He cuts the link. I wait for a minute and try to link him. Nothing. I try to link with Aaron, Henri and Dean again. But nothing. Starting to panic, I run out of my room and down the stairs. I hit someone, Gideon, but I kept running. The second I was out of the house, I shift as I jump off the porch.

            The closer I came to the woods, the stronger a sweet but burning scent became. It wasn’t until I reached the unconscious bodies of my men and Ryan, that I realized that I was smelling chloroform. Looking around, I didn’t see Henri anywhere. Suddenly I catch a faint sniff of her scent and I shoot forward like a rocket.

            I followed it until I can across an old dirt road. There her scent disappeared completely. Scanning the area around me, I notice fresh tire tracks. The rouges smarted up a little.

            But that won’t stop us from getting our little sister back. Brock snarls. I could feel his anger and fear as it poured into mine. I let a howl slip from me, alerting everyone that Henri had been taken. When I found the wolves responsible for taking her, they would die very, very, very slowly. Brock smiles at the idea as we make our way back to my men.

Dean’s POV

            One second I was linking with Derrick and the next I was out cold. As I slumped to the ground, I could hear Henri yelling and fighting. By the sounds of pain coming from the rouges, I knew that she had managed to hit home a few times, but not enough to do any real damage. With us down, there was no way she could have taken on all ten of the rouges by herself.

            I fought as hard as I could against the darkness that was quickly closing in, but I still lost. The last thing that ran through my mind was that Dare was going to kill me.

Ryan’s POV

            Henri suggested that we go for a run this morning. As we started towards the door, Aaron and Dean joined us. I knew that they were going just so they could keep an eye on her. That was one of the things I noticed about them. Where ever Henri went, her pack had at least two guys tailing her. But she never noticed.

            As we ran towards the woods, I got this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I shook it off. Henri’s laugh rang through the trees. We shifted easily and started to chase each other. I was about to jump over her when the smell of rouges hit me.

            I growl and look around trying to find them. Henri stood behind me, her ears laid flat as she growled. Suddenly, a little blue glass ball landed in the midst of us and shattered. I was overwhelmed by a sweet but burning smell. Everything started to get dark and I could hear several laughs from around me.

            I growl again as I try to protect my sister. I could hear her fighting. I collapse into darkness.

Gideon’s POV

            I yell at Alpha Derrick as his slams into me, but he keeps running. That’s when I recall the look of pure terror on his face. I send a link to Ryan, but get nothing. Turning around, I follow Derrick into the woods. As the smell of chloroform surrounds me, I see Ryan lying unconscious next to Aaron and Dean, but no Henri.

            Derrick was nowhere in sight. Suddenly, a blood freezing howl rent the air. It held a promise of death that I knew was directed to whoever took Henri. He was loud enough that my entire pack was trying to link with me to see what was wrong. The only voice that I didn’t hear was Lilli’s. But I just shook that off.

            Ever since I held that barbeque to announce her as Luna, she’d been acting strange.  It wasn’t until I heard the rumors of her finding her true mate among my pack and that they rejected each other, did I notice her behavior. But I just brushed it off. She would have told me if she found her true mate.

            Suddenly, one of my men breaks though my wall. Sir, the Luna’s gone!

            What did you say?!

            Lillian’s gone. She took her clothes, everything…She left a note.

            What does it say?

            It says that Lillian refused to stand around watching her mate be happy with another. So she decided to take that happiness from him. And that she couldn’t live a lie any more. She wants him back.

            Who is he?

            She doesn’t say. I cut the link, growling. As I take in the unconscious bodies of the men before me, I knew that Lillian was the one behind this. When I found her, she would pay, very, very slowly. Then another voice breaks through. Alpha, we just chased a group of rouges off.

            Where were they?

            There was a small group by the lake and two more by the old cottage. They didn’t do much damage. I think they were a distraction. I knew. Lillian wanted Henri gone. She felt that she was a threat to her somehow. But how?

            She betrayed this pack and me. She sent in small groups to keep my warriors busy while she and who knows who else grabbed the person they were really after. Oh, she was a cold conniving she-wolf. And oh how I loath her.