Fight until Death

Fight until Death

Gideon’s POV

            Henri’s been missing for almost a week now. Louis has been going crazy. So was I, but I kept my feelings hidden. We found Lillian and dealt with her accordingly. She died where she stood, as did her rouges. As she fell, I didn’t feel any remorse. My wolf called for Henri and I knew that Louis’s wolf was doing the same.

            I could tell that he hated me. Every time he looked at me, his hatred burned into my eyes. Everyone thought that I was the reason behind her disappearance. And maybe I was. I didn’t know anymore. Deciding to take a walk in the forest, I leave the pack house behind me.

            The second I heard the snap of a twig, I knew that it was Louis. Keeping my eyes focused ahead of me, I listen as he walks closer to me. “Gideon.” He growls at me. “What do you want Louis?”

            “I hereby issue a challenge for all rights to Henrietta Chastity Walker. But I will only fight you when we find her.” I nod at him, and continue my walk. I almost laugh out loud. That pup doesn’t seriously think that he can defeat me does he? If he does, then he’s in for a rude awakening when we find my mate.

Louis’s POV

            I couldn’t believe that I just challenged Gideon. I mean she’s my mate and she bears my mark, not his. He rejected her and I accepted her. And I don’t mean to give her up. What in the world possessed me to challenge him in the first place? I went after him to tell him that Ryan wanted to speak to him, but instead I challenge him.

            Sighing, I run back to the house. Ryan comes rushing out of the door. “Louis, we found her. She’s two states over. The Wolf’s Bane Terror has her. Call your pack and Derrick’s. We are going after her.” I hear Gideon behind me and I growl at him, by nod at Ryan. “Let’s go get my mate.” Gideon growls at me but I just brush it off. That stupid alpha just won’t let it into his head that Henri’s mine.

            For hours we ran. Ryan finally tells us to stop. We’re here. Gideon you take our warriors and surround the house from the north, I’ll take the west, Derrick’ll take the east and Louis here will come in from the south.

            As my pack slips into position, I take a deep breath. Henri’s scent hits me along with an unfamiliar male scent. I growl softly. If he laid a finger on him, he’ll be dead. Ryan gives the order to attack and we all race forward. Gideon’s wolf suddenly jumps out at me, and I snarl. We found her. I accept your challenge.

            Oh, it’s on. I laugh as we start to circle each other. Our eyes slide over the other’s wolf as we look for their weaknesses. I didn’t see one in him and I knew that he didn’t see one in me. He snarls at me and I just snap at him. He chuckles and I lunge at him. I bite his back, pulling a huge chuck of fur and meat loose.

            He howls in pain and jumps on me. I manage to my throat out of the way of his teeth, but he managed to take a piece of my shoulder. I could hear the battle going on around me, but I focused on Gideon. There was no way that I would allow him to get Henri from me.

            Again I lunge at him. He tries to jump out of my way, but he trips. His hind legs kicks out and slashes my throat. I could feel my blood run out. Closing my jaws around his neck, I bite and pull, ripping it out. He takes his final breath as I turn and run towards the house. Henri! Where are you?

            I call out to her throughout our link as I race towards the house. But I knew that I wouldn’t make it. I’m coming Louis. I hear her voice as I collapse. Suddenly, everything around me freezes. I look up and right into her eyes. My heart breaks when I see that she’s crying.

            “Don’t cry love. I’m fine.” I try to laugh, but start to choke on my own blood. Henri’s face pales even more. “Louis, I’m so sorry.”

            “It’s not your fault love. I refused to let Gideon take you away from me.”

            “I would never go back to him Louie.” Her voice is masked by the sobs that rack her body. “Shh Henri. I’m fine. I’ll see you again one day. I…love…you.” I manage to say before I take my final breath and darkness claims me. The last thing I heard before I died was Henri’s soft voice.

            “I love you to Louis, forever.”

Henri’s POV

            I hold Louis in my arms as he dies. I can’t believe that Gabe was right, though I knew that deep in my heart he spoke the truth. I mastered my powers rather quickly, which surprised him. I felt Louis’s pain when Gideon attacked him. And I knew the second that Gideon dealt the death blow to my mate.

            I managed to get out of Gabriel’s room. He thought that I was locked in, but he forgot that I now had powers. I froze the lock on the door and then broke it. Rushing out of the house, I run outside.

            When I see Louis’s slowing making his way towards the house, my heart broke. Running towards him, I catch him as he falls. I could feel our bond start to slowly break as he struggles to breathe. If he hadn’t managed to kill Gideon, I would gladly to the job.

            I couldn’t keep my tears from falling and I knew that they were causing him more pain. And I hated causing him pain. “I love you to Louis, forever.” I whisper as I feel him die. Suddenly, a hot searing pain shoots through me as our bond is severed forever.

            The bond between Gabriel and I flares stronger causing another sob to hit me. As Gabriel showed me how to harness my powers, we grew closer. But I knew that it would take more time for him to take a place in my heart like Louis had. Suddenly, a chilling voice pulls me from my sorrow.

            “Hello Henrietta. We meet again.” Looking up, I growl as his face comes into focus. “This time you die.” I put all the hatred I held for this man into my voice. He flinched, but hid it quickly.

            He laughs. “Do you think you can beat me pup? I killed both sets of your parents, and now it’s your turn to die.” I laugh suddenly. Instead of my warm, rich laugh, it was cold as ice. In his eyes, I saw a small spark of fear. “It’s your turn to die.” I say coldly as I link with Gabe. He’s here, and I’m about to kill him.

            Wait for me Henri. We are stronger together love.

            Then I suggest that you get here fast. I won’t wait for you. I could hear him start to argue as I cut the link. There wasn’t time to wait for Gabe.