Freedom

The guard fumbled with the rusting keys, searching for the right one in the hundreds of nearly identical ones in the ring. He jabbed a few in to the keyhole, before pulling them out and trying another. It seemed like an eternity before he was finally able to unlock the metal door, grumbling incoherent words under his breath that were most likely profanities.

The still cursing man 'walked' away, huffing from the effort of ramming keys into barely existent holes, leaving the two skeletons behind. Though a few more willing guards stayed, to make sure nothing that wasn't supposed to happen happened.

The tentacled boy opened the door with a creak, using more strength than when normally opening doors, due to the tarnish. He kept staring at the trembling smol as he knelt down in front of him, his knee resting on the dirty cobblestone floor. His cocky expression joined in with amusement as the other tried to press himself farther into the cracked wall, backing away as much as possible in a feeble attempt to escape the inevitable.

The taller followed his movement and moved closer to him, lifting a hand to raise the terrified bean's chin up so that his gaze was even with his own. His eye seemed to sparkle at the sight of the smaller's purple tears. The smol shivered and desperately tried to avoid making eye contact, his mismatched pupils darting around everywhere except the dark being in front of him, and plaguing most of his vision. 

"Look at me," said being demanded, growling in annoyance.

The shaking skeleton forced himself to look up at the owner of the voice, gulping as he reluctantly stared into the other's cold eyelight. 

"That's better."

He smirked down at the smol, rubbing his thumb in soft circles on the other's tear stained cheek, as if they'd been dating for years, instead of actually just knowing of each other's existence like half a minute ago. He leaned down, his other hand making a walking motion as it traveled up supposedly 'Crossy's small frame. From the laced skirt and up, brushing against his torso, ribcage, shoulder, and neck, until it reached his other cheek.

The octopi cupped the other's face and leaned down even closer, their 'noses' nearly touching. The scarred teen whimpered, feeling helpless. The taller then went to where his ear was supposed to be, whispering something the guards couldn't quite make out.

"Don't worry, I'm here to get you out. Act scared after I pull away; there are guards here," he informed, before tilting back, and adding, more audible this time,"Okay, Crossy~?" so that the workers wouldn't suspect anything.

The bean honestly didn't know how to react. He was shocked and confused. If the boy in front of him was sent here to break him free, he was a seriously good actor. But the very thought of freedom—he didn't know- he couldn't really believe it. He'd been trying to tell himself to forget about it, 'cause he knew it was impossible, but now? 

He couldn't really pull on a scared face anymore. But hopefully the confusion and shock would cover it up just as well. He still needed to correct something though.

"I-It's Cross..." he mumbled, wanting to slap himself when he stuttered.

Which was rewarded with a mocking, "Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. What did you say?"

"I-I said— I- n-nevermind..." he looked away, once again wishing for the shelter of his usually present hood, and wondering how embarrassed someone could get before dying.

Actually, right now, he wanted to die. Or maybe to disappear from this cruel world. Wouldn't that be heaven? Wait, it would actually literally be heaven. 

The goop boi grinned down at him, studying his flustered countenance. In some weird sadistic way, he loved that look. But don't get the wrong idea, he loved that expression with just about everyone.