Gunshots

"...and all of these," Nightmare grunted, heaving a huge pile of meiji milk chocolate bars onto the smooth, spruce counter.

The young, white haired boy behind the expensive table jumped a bit, startled, as the mountain of cocoa treats were dropped in front of him with a loud, scattered thump. For a second, the child just stared at the chocolates in dismay. He was originally planning to eat those at the end of the day, and to claim to his oblivious manager that they had sold out. What a shame. No more chocolate for him. Breaking out of his trance like state of mourning the loss of his beloved creamy delights, he peered from the side of the pile to furrow his brow and look the taller up and down incredulously. 

"Are you sure you want these?" the boy brushed away a few white locks that had fallen over his uncovered his eye messily, jabbing a pale finger at the chocolate and hoping with all his might the octopus skeleton goop thing in front of him would realize his mistake and let the disbelieving child keep his chocolate.

Nightmare just rolled his glowing eye, turning around and yelling, "Oi Crossy! Come're."

A skeletal head peeked over from behind a wooden table with random things to be sold heaped up on top, having just been searching every nook and cranny for the last bars of chocolate that must be hiding somewhere in the cluttered wooden shack of a store.

He blinked, before trudging over, picking his way through the unorganized items ranging from packets of flavored peas to one of those fire crackers that look like they could blow your head right off if you're within a 20 meter radius from it when it explodes, but adults are still careless enough to let kids play with, muttering something about 'y' being a very stupid letter and how he wasn't being 'letterist' because it was now part of him. Upon reaching the tol, he stared up at him expectantly, rather confused when Nightmare turned to talk to the boy who seemed to be the cashier. 

"I'm not the one who wants all these- 'diabetes in a pack's, this maniac is, so why don't you ask him?" he growled softly, pointing at Cross almost accusingly.

He winced at the horrifying memory of the smaller's reaction when he had told him he could spend as much money as he wanted, deeply regretting it now. But. at least, Cross had bought something that wouldn't kill them. An actual sensible choice; clothes. 

The little male's eyes, similar in color to his hair, traveled to the smol skeleton, a brow raised at his attire. He didn't even bother holding in his snickers, finding the bean's clothing hilarious. 

"So that's who the clothes are for? How sad. I think that maid costume looks better on you than the outfit you chose for yourself," he teased, quickly earning what little respect Nightmare could muster.

"I know right? You should keep that on, your highness," the octopus suggested jokingly, a tentacle reaching out to poke Cross' forehead.

The smol flushed, from embarrassment and anger and nothing else, slapping the appendage away, "Shut up."

The cashier snorted, counting the bars of meiji and muttering, "You guys are so gay."

That left Cross getting more and more flustered, flushing a darker shade of violet and having a sudden urge to stab everything in sight.

Nightmare only smirked, an arm wrapping around the smaller's waist and ignoring how much the lace was itching. "Yup," he agreed, popping the 'p' at the end.

The monochrome huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the two other males weakly. The boy didn't even react, going back to counting the chocolate, the simple math messing with his poor brain and driving it nuts. It wasn't his fault only rich people went to schools. But he wasn't going to complain, either. Working at an early age meant more chocolate.