Dance till you drop

Wow. Adrien's room was huge. It has yet to occur to Marinette that she has never actually been to his house before. But here she was, in the mansion of her most admired fashion designer Gabriel freaking Agreste, looking out the window at the tiny world below. She must have been obviously in amazement because Adrien asked her if she ever been up that high before.

"If you're scared of heights wet can go back down stairs..." Adrien tried to see her face but her back was turned on him, looking around at the garden below.

"I'm fine, I've been in planes and stuff, this resort isn't that high, only a couple stories." Marinette finally faced him, her face beaming with light, unseen through the mask.

"Is that so? I just wasn't sure if you were like... an acrophobic person or something." Adrien rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well I am arachnophobic, I hate spiders." Marinette shivered.

"Ok on a change of subject, did you happen to know what music we were using for the ballet?" Adrien asked politely.

"Oh yeah, I've got the whole dance uploaded on my phone." She pulled out the small device from her pocket. "See?" She face it to him to show the list of songs. Instead of saying thank you, or smiling, or commenting anything at all, Adrien just started at the screen blankly.

Marinette raised an eyebrow and waved his hands in front of his face. "Huh What?" He broke from his trance.

"Was that another buzzing?" Marinette trapped her ear.

"I think so... I don't remember. Why'd you get your phone out?" Adrien hesitantly asked because he feared he was making a fool of himself. Marinette sighed.

"It's the music for the ballet. And are you ok? You seemed to have forgotten a lot." She raised her eyebrow again. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Taking you in my room but then we suddenly transported over to my window." Adrien looked around in confusion.

"I'm sorry but that must suck." Marinette mumbled.

"Eh, I'll remember whatever happened in a minute or two. Why don't you have an earphone? Your plenty smart Marinette." He complimented with charm.

"Because I have scoliosis, and it balances out my equality. Also I tried to be absolutely terrible on my skills quiz." She chuckled.

"Hmm." Adrien looked down uncomfortably. "Anyways... the phone?"

"The Music is all here. Which part do you want to practice first, Romeo?" She sweet her phone on his fuse ball table and reached for the paper that had the patterns of dance routines.

"How bout, act l scene V?" Adrien offered.

"When Romeo first sees Juliet? I see what you're doing." Marinette smirked.

"Ha ha, no." He backed away a bit. "But every one has to dance in sync for that part and every one has it down except me it seems."

"And Lila. Holy crap she can't remember jack squat about how feet work." Marinette teased Lila without Lila even existing in the same room. "I can't believe I'm related to her."

"I can't believe every one fell for her lie." Adrien mumbled.

"Yeah, oh well it's too late to expose her now." Marinette shuttered as she thought of Lila fingering Tikki's throat with a death symbol. Lila would find a way to murder Tikki, Lila was smart... sometimes.

"So um... I'm supposed to be over here?" Adrien gestured the part of his room in correlation with the stage. "And you... or, Juliet, is over hear dancing with the younger division of dancers." Adrien began to try and do some of his parts without stumbling.

———

After an hour or two, Adrien and Marinette had three of the several parts down. It seemed so natural between them, to dance like this. To be this close...

Marinette spun into Adrien's and, the music from the speakers of Adrien room perfectly timed with her every movement. He caught her and the two leaned over, with her in his arms. Their faces are so close. Marinette could almost see his face under the mask, they were so close. Their eyes locked together, blue bell meeting summer green in perfect harmony.

The music went on but they no longer danced. It was as if they were frozen in time, staring into each other's eyes through the masks. Their faces were slowly leaving closer, Marinette's eyes fluttered sur with long beautiful dark eyes lashes.

Closer, closer, closer... they could feel each other's breath on their lips.

Their masks graced into one another, and a fake fangs sprouting from Marinette's red mask hooked itself onto a small fake k-9 in Adrien's. They instantly tried to pull away but their faces were hooked together. They were now doing a sort of frenzied dance around each other, trying to break away without breaking a mask or two.

"OMG Im so so so so so so sorry Adrien!" Marinette apologized as they tried to break off.

"No I'm the one who's sorry." Adrien caught her from falling over.

"Ok ok, i got an idea. You twist your head to the left and I'll go right. Got it?" Marinette problem solved.

"Ok, on the count of three. One," Adrien continued.

"Two" They said together. "THREE!" They twisted out of the situation, and both fell to the floor.

"Ouch." Marinette rubbed her bottom. They both burst out laughing.

"What was that about?" Adrien said between laughs.

"I don't know what I was doing." Marinette giggled.

"Me neither!" Adrien finally got up over fits of laughter.

"But..." Marinette stopped laughing as she got up.

"But what?" Adrien asked as he went over to sit off the music.

"It felt good to me. Whatever it was we were doing that is." Marinette looked at her feet.

"I... I thought so to." Adrien pause the music and walked back to Marinette. "I think we've been dancing too long."

"Tomorrow? Same time?" Marinette asked as they walked out of the room.

"Sure thing princess."