-'ˎ -26- ˏˊ-

alastor and i left the painting there to dry, i was so happy he was fond of my work. i sighed and i felt a buzz in my head, probably a phone of mine which i barely use only because alastor was so old fashioned and hated the electronic devices. i sighed, and locked my [e/c] eyes with blood red pupils, i pushed my hair. back a subtle flirt.

"i believe i have a call, excuse me for a minute." i snapped my fingers to have a phone between my thumb and the rest of my dainty fingers. the number calling was lucifer's, i mean who else could have it? i breathlessly sighed through my nostrils and picked up the phone.
"hey." i answered, staring down at my pretty laid cuticles. "hello, [y/n].." he replied in a really suspenseful tone, i softly furrowed my brows because of this, making me slightly uncomfortable. "what's up." i replied, putting my hand down. alastor  absentmindedly sipped his black boring old coffee in that red mug of his. "i was wondering if you'd like to join me and a few pals for dinner, with alastor of course, we would like to see how you both are doing since you've been settled together.." he explained, my eyes shot down to the table to avoid eye contact with alastor. we're we supposed to be in a romantic relationship? i didn't trust lucifer and he shouldn't know about our relationship but i decided to ask alastor about it. "oh that sounds great!" i replied, rubbing one of my eyes in a tired manner. alastor peered up to me, still smiling with content. "great! it's a date! 5:00 sharp?" lucifer added. "yes. i'd be happy to come. is anyone else coming as well, like charlie?" i asked him. "yeah like i said, just a couple pals of mine, they'd be happy to meet you, charlie will also being attending, my daughter." lucifer hyphenated charlie's name in an odd manner as if she was a disgrace to the family. "oh okay, i'll let alastor know, thank you for inviting us." i added, my finger hovering over the end call button. "goodbye, [y/n]! i expect you two to be attending!" lucifer boasted, i quickly ended the call.

"who called?" alastor asked. "ugh, who else?" i joshed. "lucfier, i'm assuming?" alastor acquainted his coffee onto the table and loosed himself up. i nodded, "he invited us to dinner, i agreed, but plans are always changeable if you don't care to go." i answered, placing my phone down onto the table, "ditching plans with satan? oh you'd never hear the end with that choice, darling." alastor chuckled, gesturing his hands up. "yeah, i would expect that. he would like to see how we are doing since we settled with each other, and well we're doing great for what i know, but does he really need to know we are in a relationship?" i asked. "oh heaven's no!" alastor's face melted into nervousness. "oh, how come?" i asked.
alastor stood silent.
"you don't want him to know you have a soft side, do you?" i giggled. alastor looked away in embarrassment. "don't be embarrassed, i love you and we could do this. just friends? okay?" i said slowly taking his sharp hands in mine, tilting my head in understanding and empathy. alastor took a deep breath, my word alastor! it's not that deep! but i guess you could say as business partners, personal life stays at the door. "i suppose we could just be friends, for the night." alastor winked, tilting his head and holding my hand back. "what time does it start?" alastor question. "five." i dull fully answered. "of course." he replied, snapping his fingers and letting the paradise diminish into the reckless abandon hell really was around us once again. alastor's silhouette in-front of me,  gazing through my hollow husk of a woman watching as the pentagram sun slowly went down. it felt magical, even without the disney dreamland around us. the smell of burnt wood reminded me of christmas and the winter and it was almost around the corner. i felt so tired and i didn't want to go anywhere, but alastor was persistent on his insistence i gave in.