Chapter 5

Taehyung's POV

(Before class started)

The girls were all over us. The hyungs smiled at me and winked. Kookie gave me a thumbs up. It feels good to be worshipped.

I looked around. The boys seemed to be thinking the same thing I was thinking.

This year is going to be interesting. I looked around again. Wow. Did the entire school come to see us. Yay, I guess. At least I was appreciated here.

Soon, everyone's presence became overwhelming so I quickly ditched my brothers. They'll get mad but it wasn't like I haven't done it before. I've become a pretty decent escape artist since I met them. They always gave me a reason to run away from them.

I slipped away into the hall and there, something caught my eye. A girl...

She was walking past the crowd and was stalking down the hall angrily. Geez, I did not want to get on her bad side.

That's weird, though. I thought everyone was watching me and my friends. Curious, I followed her. She went to the library and sat down in the corner. In the sunlight, she looked kinda cute. Actually, no. Let's rephrase. She was really pretty.

She fell asleep in the beanbags soon enough. I chuckled to myself. The day hasn't even started yet but she was already tired. I walked closer to her and studied her face. She was actually beautiful. Looking at her made me insecure and that's not something that happens often.

She had beautiful brown eyes, full brows and lashes and full, pink lips. Damn. She was stunning.

My eyes fell down to her legs, her face, her arms, her chest...I wanted to touch her. No! I didn't even know her. My eyes then travelled to her name tag on her shirt.

Song Mina.

I traced my fingers along her cheeks. My fingers quickly retracted. Oh my god, she was so skinny. Was she sick?

She looked quite pale and then I realised the shadows under her eyes and her cheekbones that could cut through metal. Poor thing.

I looked at her carefully. What happened?

I then saw a mark on her arm. I slowly pulled up her sleeve. My eyes widened. There was a massive bruise on her shoulder and thousands of cuts surrounded it. I pulled down her shirt a bit. I was in shock. Was that a gunshot...?

Before my mind registered this information, the girl started to move. Me, being a massive chicken, ran behind a bookshelf. Phew. She was still asleep. I looked at her. Small but so strong and so beautiful.

I wanted to draw her.

Looking around, I pulled out my scrapbook and started sketching. Her eyes, her nose... everything about her was perfect. I thought back to her scars.

I want to help her.

But I'm a stranger to her.

I sighed in defeat of my own thoughts. For now, I'll just watch from afar. I looked down at my sketchbook.

'I'll protect you, Song Mina,'