3| UA Entrance Exam!

After a nice introduction from Present Mic, I was standing in front of the gates that led to the exam. I stood in the comfy clothes that let me move freely, receiving drooling stares from boys around me.

I felt a bit uncomfortable until I caught sight of some spiky blonde hair.

'Isn't that..? Huh, we got paired in the same area. I don't see Izuku though. N-Not that I'd talk to him anyway!'

I argued with my mental self as a countdown began.

Before it had finished I had been too focused on the gates to open, so much that I was the first one to run inside. Spiky haired boy was hot on my tail.

I had already gotten ahead of the rest, and took a swift turn to the left, to separate from the mob of people. Running into two 1 pointers I cracked my knuckles to get warmed up and activated my quirk

It required a lot of concentration so I focused on how I wanted to beat this robot. I focused on every detail and aspect of the 1 pointers and they blew right up into a million pieces. I continued searching and defeating robots using this technique for a while until I got tired and used my quirk to see how many more were around me. At one point I got surrounded by three 2 pointers and blasted them right off.

This had really fired me up to destroy more and gain more points to the top. So far I had only used psychokineses. I couldn't exactly control my telepathy but sometimes it randomly activated. If I focused hard enough on one person I would successfully 'read their mind' but I felt it rude to invade others' thoughts so I prevented from doing so most of the time.

Keyword: most.

So I did happen to hear principle Nezu's thoughts while the staff was watching us and I happened to figure out another factor of the exam. Heroic acts. I had helped a few people who were injured or stuck. Sounds like cheating right? This is why this quirk is sort of a blessing, but a curse as well. It's as if I can cheat in life using it, which I can, but don't want to. I learned greed is a negative feeling to have, so I minimize my powers. Anyways, back to the exam!

I turned a right corner only to run into a certain spiky blonde boy. I grinned, remembering our last encounter, and called out to him. I had enough points so I wasn't worried about searching for robots.

"Hey, I remember you!"

He angrily turned towards me, panting as he had just destroyed a 2 pointer. "You!" He shouted.

"What do you want?!" I frowned and said, "I don't think I got to properly introduce myself last time. I'm (Y/N) (L/N), sorry for the things I said back then."

I tried to be polite but wasn't so successful after he yelled in my face.
"And? Do you expect me to feel sympathy? You hang out with quirkless Deku."

I was just about to respond as a loud explosion was heard behind me. I looked back and saw a few more robots coming towards us in mobs.

Other students sneaked around to attack, and some tripped, scrambling to their feet and running away again. I noticed some had injured their legs and ran over to help them. Using my psychokineses to get some people out of the way, I hadn't noticed spiky run towards the mob and send off huge explosions, knocking off some pieces of metal, and almost having them land on me and the others.

I quickly lifted a short girl and sent her somewhere else, yelling a "Hey!'' To the boy who had nearly killed me.

"5 minutes!" The speaker rang all over, advising the students how much time they had left.

I looked over my shoulder to see Spiky almost defeating the robots, and despite sweating from head to toe, he didn't stop blowing explosions.

After setting down the girl in my arms and saving others with my quirk I faced a robot and focused on its head. It immediately popped off with ease, and a point was added to my streak.
After landing next to me, I heard him 'tch' and say, "Katsuki Bakugou's the name."

"Huh?"

"Time's up!" The alarm rang off. I turned to the boy and gave him a smile, "Ah, nice to meet you, Bakugou."

He 'tsked' and glared at me, before turning and walking away.

One week later~

I've been so impatient about receiving my letter from UA to see if I had passed. My mom had even taken the week off to see me open it. When I received it I was jumping around.

I hugged my mom as the telegram of All Might told me how heroic I had been in saving and helping other students, and my smart techniques to destroy the robots in the practical exams. As a matter of fact, I had ranked highest in both combat and rescue points.

It was my "actions that inspired others," All Might said, "Welcome (Y/N), you are now part of the hero academia!"

I smiled and immediately left, shouting, "I'll be back in a while," to my mom as I put on my shoes and ran through the door. I had passed the UA entrance exam...

Somewhere else

"Izuku. Izuku? Why are you smiling at that fish? Should I be worried about you, honey?"

"O-Oh no, I was spacing out for a little bit." He replied, looking away from the fried fish before stuffing his face with rice.

After washing and putting away the dishes, Izuku sat on the couch, deep in thought about the exams. Too deep to even notice the light knock on the door and see me coming in, greeting his mom.

"Good evening Mrs. Midoriya. Is Izuku here?" I gave my signature smile as she let me in, and offered me some tea.

"O-Oh, (Y/N) it's been a while. Yes, Izuku is here, and please, call me Inko for the last time."

After I declined her kind offers of food and tea she said she'd be going to look for the mail, leaving Izuku and me alone.

I walk in to see Izuku deep in thought while pulling a dumbell.

Looking into his thoughts I hear, "I bet (Y/N) had already gotten her letter and approved. I'm such a disappointment."

"Wow, Izuku. I never knew you were that strong!"

"What?! (Y-Y/N)?! W-When did you get here?!" He said, nearly dropping the dumbbell on his foot.

Luckily, my psychokinesis caught it in time.

I worriedly looked at him as I took a seat. He turned a light shade of pink.

"Have you gotten your letter yet? I cautiously asked him. He shook his head left to right as he looked down.

"Hey, cheer up, I'm sure you passed. I'm never wrong you know."

He looked at me as if about to debate but closed his mouth instead. Then, Mrs. Inko came rushing in with a letter. Panicked, she gave it to Izuku and reached for a cup of water.

He locked himself in his room for quite a while as I chatted with Mrs. Inko.

"(Y/N), dear, did you come here all alone? If you want I'll tell Izuku to walk you home."

I looked at her, and just as I was about to respond Izuku ran out the door shouting "I made it! I did it! Mom, I got into UA!"

He hugged her and they both started tearing up. I smiled as I watched them, overjoyed about Izuku's passing exam.

'I can't wait until school starts'