16| Aurora

Gazing out the window, I grabbed an umbrella, waved to my mom, and teleported to school.

Everyone was talking about how much more popular we are now, thanks to the sports festival.
"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school kids told me," Sero said. 

Tsuyu laid her both arms on her desk and replied, "Nice try?"

Frowning, Sero groaned and threw his arms behind his head.

I smiled and took my seat before Mr. Aizawa appeared, discussing today's topic.

"You need code names. Time to pick your hero identities." Everyone was excited but piped down once Aizawa's hair flew upward.

"Now, here are the totals of those of you who got offers."

A list of students who got offers were listed on the board. I looked for my name, surprised it was third on the list. 

"There would be a pretty big gap, if not for (Y/N). There is still a major difference between these three and the rest." He pointed towards my name.

I looked at Todoroki and he didn't seem too happy to have gotten the most offers. 

"These hero names will likely be temporary, but take them seriously or-" before Mr. Aizawa could finish, he was interrupted by the door sliding open.

The pro hero Midnight walked in, "Or you'll have hell to pay later!"

-

While everyone sat in their seats, trying to come up with a hero name, Midnight announced we'd be sharing them as well. 

Aoyama went first, then Mina, and Tsuyu. I loved Tsuyu's code name.

It was cute, and Kirishima's sounded nice. It represented his red hair, and 'Riot' seemed to go well with it. I had trouble deciding mine, but after looking at the board, I grabbed my pen and wrote down the name I thought of. 

Standing up from my seat, I walked up to the front and put my board on the desk, showing it off to everyone.

"The Psychic Hero: Aurora," 

It seemed to me that every pair of eyes was on me, and was about to step down when Mina spoke up.

"That's a nice name!" She gave me a thumbs up.

Midnight loved the name and after fangirling for a bit she asked, "Tell me, why did you choose Aurora?"

I sorted my thoughts and turned to look at her.

 "Well, an Aurora is a greenish light in the northern and southern magnetic poles. That's what I want people to think of when they hear the name 'Aurora'. A light of hope. Coincidentally, there's a green aura around me."

I lifted up my pen and floated it around the class, making sure everyone could see it. 

"Oh yeah, it does have a green aura around it!" Kirishima said while looking at the pen in front of him.

Izuku's thought, 'Looking at it up close, I never noticed that!' 

I went back to my seat, satisfied with my code name. There was also another reason why I chose it. My father wanted once mentioned he wanted to travel to see those northern lights. It was a temporary dream that followed him to the grave.

All the code names had been decided, so we went back to discussing which hero agencies we would choose.

"Turn in your choices before the weekend. Class dismissed."

-

I rested my head on the desk while looking at the list of offers in my hand. Yaoyorozu and Jiro walked over to me and conversed about who they would choose. 

I scrolled through the list once more and finally stopped at a certain agency. 

"The...Genius Office..?" 

I muttered, stopping at the agency that caught my eye.

"(Y/N), we're leaving. You coming?" Yaoyorozu picked up her bag and turned towards me. 

"O-Oh, yeah, I'm coming!" 

I lifted my bag and slid the paper into a pocket.

'Where have I heard that name before?'