15| He's just too Prideful

The next day was a day off. 

There wasn't much to do, just the usual in the afternoon with babysitting my little brother. Not to mention I had to return that medal lying on my bed. 

When noon hit I walked across the street, medal in hand. I had thought of just teleporting inside but that would be rude. So instead, I knocked and expected to see Bakugou. 

I was greeted by an older female version of him instead.

"Hm? Can I help you?"

-

Walking back into the living room with a tray in hand, Bakugou's mom said, "I see, so that's what happened. Sorry about my son, he's too prideful for his own good."

She set the tray down and offered tea. I placed the medal on the table and happily took a cup, introducing myself.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), a classmate and friend of Katsuki."

She raised her brows, thinking, 'How on earth did he befriend this girl? She's the complete opposite of him!'

She smiled and replied, "Oh, didn't you win third place in the sports festival yesterday? Good job!"

I nodded and took a sip of the warm liquid in my hand. 

Tilting my head, I said, "If you don't mind me asking, where is Bakugou?" 

"Oh, that brat's still aslee-"

Before she could finish, loud yelling was heard from upstairs, "DIE YOU STUPID MOUTH GERMS!"

I covered my mouth and aggressive brushing was heard from upstairs.

"Pff!" I nearly choked on the tea and forcefully swallowed it, wiping my mouth with a napkin and hiding my face.

His mom had a forced smile on her face, and she stood up.

"Excuse me for a second, I'll be back,"

She walked out of the living room and proceeded to yell, "KATSUKI DON'T WAKE UP AT NOON AND START YELLING!!!"

I stood up when she returned and smiled, "Anyways, I should go now, thank you for the tea Miss...?''

She replied, "Oh, call me Mitsuki. Did you come here alone?"

"I did, but don't worry. I live across the street!" I waved my hands in front of me and pointed to the house across the street.

"Okay, you're welcome here anytime, (Y/N)."

I nodded and left, feeling relieved that I had gotten rid of that medal.

Closing the door I heard my mom say, "Soo, how'd it go?"

I made an amused expression and told her about Miss Mitsuki, and Bakugou yelling while brushing his teeth. She tapped her chin when I mentioned 'Mitsuki'

"Mitsuki, huh. As in Mitsuki Bakugou?"

I nodded and asked, "Do you know her?"

She simply laughed and said, "Do I know her? I've known her longer than-" 

She paused and changed the subject.

Turns out that she and Mitsuki had worked together at a part-time job during their high school years.

"I still remember your grandmother nagging me about not being able to fend for myself. That brings back a lot of memories."

I smiled while reading her thoughts. It did seem like my mother enjoyed her high school years. Hopefully, I would too.