Chapter 12-Date Night

-Josie-

Amarna blow dries my hair which I ask her to leave lose since Kaden loves it that way and tonight is just a casual date night so no need for a hairstyle. I choose an appropriate dress and once I've put it on I head downstairs to join Kaden.

Thankfully the French public don't know what Kaden and I look like and majority doesn't even know that we are here so we can head into the heart of the city with just a driver and one guard instead of the usual security detail that accompanies us on all formal commitments.

We drive to our first venue for the night which is a massive frozen pond that has been turned into an ice skating rink for the winter. What adds to the beauty of the rink is the ancient Parisian Courthouse building next to it. Kaden asks the driver and the guard to stay with the car as we get out at the rink.

The night is foggy and cold so I huddle closer to Kaden who wraps an arm around my shoulders as we walk together toward the ticket booth. Next we get our skates from the skate booth and change into them.

The pond is so big that despite all the people it's still spacious. We laugh and have the time of our lives in the two hours that we spend at the rink. The DJ even plays a waltz that we realize is so familiar because the music is traditional Illean.

We leave only once our legs have grown tired and our stomachs are rumbling in protest.

"What do you want for dinner?" Kaden asks, taking my hand as we walk back towards where the car is parked.

"Italian?" I ask and Kaden pumps his fist in the air, "Yes! I'm craving some good ravioli."

I laugh and reach up to kiss his cheek. The street is empty except for us so in a second he has me pinned against a wall. The kiss lasts barely a few seconds but it leaves me breathless and wanting him.

"To be continued?" Kaden breaths.

I nod, "The moment we get home."

He laughs as I push away from the wall and take his arm. We walk back to the car and the driver is given instructions to take us to an Italian restaurant that Kaden has heard good things about. There Kaden gets his ravioli and I end up ordering shrimp pasta.

When we get home I let Amarna know that I'll be fine on my own eager to be alone with Kaden. Kaden can barely wait to kiss me as he closes his bedroom room door after us.

I'm woken up in Kaden's arms to the sound of a knock on the bedroom door. I look at the clock in the room to see that it's well past midnight but by now Kaden's awake too. He quickly pulls on a shirt and pants before answering the door. Thankfully the bed is hidden from the door's view.

I hear John's voice and then Kaden says, "Amarna please see if Josie needs anything?" With this he leaves the room, closing the door after him.

I sit up in bed just as the door opens again and Amarna steps inside. "Is there anything I can get you, Josie?"

"What's going on?" I ask groggily.

"High Highness, Ahren and Her Majesty, Camille are here."

From here we pick up on the actual story line! Eeek! Super excited! :)