Weekend with a Bang

Saturday night was proving to be a busy one at Molly.'s. It had been a rough week for firehouse 51. Hermann and I barely got a break to catch our breath by 9 pm. A little before 10 a group of  six guys walked in that no one had seen before. Suddenly they all drew weapons and screamed at everyone to toss their wallets and empty the register. Hermann was the closest to the register but he didn't open it. He stood there frozen. Adam and Kevin from the team were there as well as several just off duty officers. They all drew their weapons and told the 6 men to drop their weapons. That's when it all went to Hell. One of the armed men threw 2 homemade bombs into the crowd and behind the bar. Guns went off and glass was flying everywhere and then it all went black.
"5021 Charlie we have an armed robbery at Mollys Bar at 1925 w Cortlandt st with multiple injuries, requesting backup immediately!" Yelled Adam into the phone. Then jumped over the bar to check on Hermann and I as we were laying in shards of glass on the floor. Hermann was conscious but groaning in pain about his leg that had shards of glass and nails sticking out from the bomb. I was unconscious, with a gash in my forehead and nails and glass in my arms and abdomen as well as my left leg. Adam was shaking me but to no avail.
3 of the men were dead, 2 were being cuffed and the last was being chased by Atwater and an officer as he fled the chaotic scene. Voight showed up at the same time as the ambulances. Multiple people were injured but thankfully the only casualties were the suspects. Kevin came back with the man who fled in cuffs telling him they had to be stupid or crazy rob a bar that housed firefighters, officers, doctors and paramedics. Kelly Severide from 51 came rushing in with fire chief Boden as Adam helped Hermann over the bar with a paramedic and onto a stretcher. Sylvia Brett a paramedic was already working on getting a breathing tube down my throat and Adam was back to putting pressure on one of the cuts to my head and thigh. "What the Hell happened Ruzek?" yelled Voight as he realized he was behind the bar. "6 men came in and acted like they were going to order then drew guns and threw 2 bombs maybe more" "Kaycie was definitely hit in the back of the head with something by the looks of it then hit her head on the bar as she went down, she is covered in glass and nails and is unresponsive, we have to get her to Med now!" Said Brett as she slid my body onto a board and Adam and Voight helped her lift me over the bar. "Ruzek you go with Brett and get checked out then stay with Kaycie, keep me updated! We are taking this case, I am calling the rest of the team." Copy that Sarge," said Adam as he jumped in the back of the Ambo with Brett and me.
At Med, Will Halstead was ready for an incoming unconscious woman with multiple wounds and a head injury. Brett and Adam jumped out of the back as Brett quickly told Will the rundown. He glanced at Adam and his bloodstained clothes. "Most of this is hers and Hermann's" he said quickly. "And who is she" "Kaycie Williams, Our new tech expert and analyst. She was helping Hermann since Gabby is out of town." "Does she have any family we need to notify?" Asked will as he started checking me over. "I am not sure, I know she is widowed and she moved here recently. I will find out from Voight and let you know. Keep me updated, she is one of us now and Voight is going to want to know anything." " Will do" as he shut the curtain to the exam room.

Back at the bar Jay and Antonio were already there after an urgent text from Hank went to the team. He wanted them to search for clues as he took Hailey and Kim back to help him interrogate the 3 men. Kevin showed back up with a few stitches and was glad Hank wasn't there to send him home. "Are you ok man?" Asked Antonio. "Yeah just a few scrapes, could be a lot worse". "How many people were injured." asked Jay. "I think Adam said the count was up to 27" Kevin said. I know Hermann and Kaycie got the worst of it" "Kaycie?" "Voight didn't tell us she was injured," they both asked worriedly. Just then Jay's phone rang. "Adam what's up?" Jay asked, setting the phone on speaker. "So Will has all these questions about Kaycie and Sarge isn't answering his phone. Will says she has several old scars, remodeled fractures and he can't find any medical records on Her. Do you know anything about her? Was she abused by her husband and that's why she is a widow?" "Maybe, I don't really know much about her either. I will go ask Voight and see if he knows anything then I will come up there." Said Jay. He turned to Antonio and Kevin, "Things are getting weird and not adding up, I need to find Voight and see what's going on."

"Sarge!" Jay yelled as he pounded on the interrogation room door. "What!" Yelled Hank as he threw the door open angrily. "Will has a ton of questions about Kaycie and old injuries that could be effecting her as she is still unconscious." Hank rubbed his face as he stepped into the hall. He punched the wall and mumbled about being worried that something like this would happen. "What do you mean Sarge?" Hank sighed, "I don't know all of the details but she is part of the system Jay, her husband was killed and they thought she was dead too. So the FBI went along with it and moved her into hiding. I will call her handler and see if I can find anything else out." Jay stood there still in shock as Hank opened the door and told the girls to throw him in the cage. "He knows something but isn't telling us, maybe have Atwater and Ruzek take a crack at him when they get back." "Copy that Sarge" they said as he slammed the door.

At the hospital Hank and Jay find Will. "What's going on?" Asks Hank ""From what I can tell from her imaging and exams she has had multiple broken ribs, facial fractures that were surgically repaired, a broken femur that was pinned, scar tissue on her brain meaning she had some serious brain injuries and was probably in a coma before". Says Will as Hank and Jay stand there completely stunned. "She has some nasty head injuries now and is still unconscious but breathing on her own again. We have no idea how long she is going to be out." He continues. "oh and does she have kids? It looks like she may have had a c section as well?" "Hank just shrugs his shoulders, I can't seem to get a hold of my guy." "Can we see her?" asks Jay. "Yeah as long as she is stable someone should be with her, follow me."