Part 14: "You'd be Surprised"

Later that night Ciela sat in her room and read a book. She wasn't completely focused though. Her mind was still on the harsh words spoken by her brother only a few hours before. The dramatic sword fight, the cut up demon, the whole thing. The most jarring to her was the battle of words. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a small, delicate, knock on the door.
Sebastian.
"My lady?"
"Come in Sebastian." She said dully, putting her book down.
"I hope everything has cooled down from earlier between you and your brother." Sebastian said, standing behind her as she sat down
"He's probably still furious. I'm also a little angry as well. I just can't believe he would say those things to me, I was just trying to help him."
"Your brother thinks he doesn't need help. But the other things he said, those were mostly true. Not about you being incapable. But about what's expected of a young woman." He knelt down beside her and kept his cool.
"Are you going to lecture me again? You sound like your going to lecture me again?"
"All I'm going to say is, you need to attend the next season in London this year. Since the marriage with Alois didn't work." Sebastian said, rising from the floor.
"Nobody wants to marry me." She sighed, looking out the window and gazing at the stars.
"You'd be surprised.," Sebastian said as he left. Closing the door behind him.