part 10

*El's POV*

We are meeting Richie and Eddie's friend from Derry today. Her name is Beverly and she, Richie and Eddie are going to be here in around 10 minutes according to Will.

We are currently sitting in his house by the window. Me, Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Will. I'm staring out the window at the forested area.

After 5 minutes, I see feet walking through the rows of trees and and quickly jump up.

"They're here!" I rush to the door and open it.

Then, I see her, a beautiful girl with short and fiery orange hair. She has sky blue eyes and soft pink lips. There are freckles dotted across her cheeks that are barely visible and she's wearing a key around her neck on a string and a white dress with black polka dots. She looks beautiful.

Will smiles at them and lets them in as I stand there at the door staring at her. She probably thinks I'm a creep. She smiles and walks in behind Richie and Eddie.

"Hi!" Dustin and Lucas say in unison. They both laugh.
"I'm Dustin!" He reaches his hand out and smiles a wide toothy grin. She shakes his hand.
"I'm Beverly, you can call me Bev." She looks around at all of us and we nod and smile. Will holds out his hand, Lucas does too, so do I and so does Mike one after the other.

We all introduce ourselves.
"Eddie said we can all go somewhere together. Do you guys have any good ideas?" She looks at all of us and we all think.
"I could bring you to the mall! I doubt the boys want to go again." I look at all of them after I suggest this and they nod.
"Are you okay with that?" I ask her. 

"Sure! Let's go. Are we getting a bus?"
"Yeah, there's a bus stop nearby. Sorry for stealing her boys, we won't be long." She grins and stands at the doorway. I walk over and wave to them and so does she. I shut the door.

"What's life like in Derry?" I ask.
"It's pretty cool because I have awesome friends but the town is quite boring." I laugh.
"Richie and Eddie told me it's boring." She nods in agreement and laughs.
"Who are your friends back in Derry?"

"Ben, Bill, Stan and Mike now since Eddie and Richie left." She says this rather sadly.
"We're the Losers Club."
"What's with the name?"
"It's kind of a way to beat the bullies to it."
"Oh! That's cool. Do you have a boyfriend?"
"No, I love them all but not in that way."

I think I feel...happy? When she says she doesn't have a boyfriend?.. why would I feel that way..oh no. I think I might have a crush on her. But I'm being stupid. I barely know her! I can't prove to myself that I have a crush on her when I barely know her. But..when I found out Max and Will weren't dating.. I was happy and I always thought Max was beautiful. They also both have orange hair and blue eyes..

I can't have a crush on her! Even if there was a chance she likes me back, we couldn't be able to be with eachother because she would have to  go back to Derry.

I shake these thoughts away and we continue talking to eachother about our lives and I tell her about Max, Mike and Will and everything Max has done. She seems to hate Max as much as I do.

We finally get to Starcourt Mall. I grab her hand and blush. I run inside with her.
"Where to first?" I look at her and see a pink tint on her cheeks. It can't be possible that she might be blushing aswell..? No.
"I'm not sure! It's so awesome. Bring me to your favourite clothes store!" She shrugs and I let go of her hand. She smiles, following me.

I bring her to The Gap (idk I can't think of anything. Is that even a clothes store? I'm so uneducated ew).
I show her around.
"What about this?" I point at green dungarees and a purplish (whine ig?) top.
"Yeah, I love it. I'll try it on." She takes it from my hands and smiles. I follow after her to the changing rooms and wait outside.

After a few minutes, she jumps out and shows it to me. She looks amazing and it suits her so well.
"It looks so good! You should buy it!"
"Shit! I would but.. I don't have any money. How could I forget to bring it? I left it in my bag and that's at Wills house."
"No worries. I can buy it for you. My treat!"
"No way. I can't do that. That's rude it's fine." She smiles sadly.

"I insist." She opens her mouth to speak but I push her in and tell her to take her clothes with her.
"Keep the clothes on and I'll pay for them. It's fine! I don't mind paying for it, if I did, I wouldn't offer." I laugh and she smiles.
"Thank you so much, El! You're awesome." She hugs me and smiles. I hug her back and feel butterflies in my stomach.

I go and pay for them. We walk out and I show her more shops. We dress up and laugh. We go into book shops, music shops, clothes shops, perfume shops. We talk about different things like our friends or just something related to whatever is in the store.

"Wanna go to Scoops Ahoy? Its a really cool ice cream parlour. It's right down there." I point down the mall and she nods after seeing it.
"Sure, I would looooove to!"
I walk down and pay for her ice cream and we both sit at a table.

"You're gonna love the others. Especially Will, he's so cute, innocent and sweet. They're all awesome."
"I can't wait to properly get to know them. And, yeah, Will does seem pretty cool."

We talk more and then go outside. We wait for the bus and get on. We get back to Will's house. Beverly tells me she is having a sleepover at Richie and Mikes house and that Will and Eddie will be there. She asks if I would like to ask my dad to stay over with them. I nod and go into Wills house with them.

Beverly gets her bag and I call Hopper. He says I can go and we all walk to Mike and Richie's.

This is Beverlys first outfit incase you were wondering

This is her second one that El buys for her: