part 13

*El's POV*

Beverly is leaving today and I feel like crying. I don't want her to leave. We walked to the bus stop with her as a group and I held her hand all the way there. I didn't even get to confess my feelings for her. But maybe she knows since we always hold hands and fall asleep together and blush whenever we do any of this.

I think maybe she likes me back.

We arrive at the bus stop and I want to drag her back to my house and make it summer. I want to have sleepovers with her and constantly hang out with her. I want to make blanket forts, watch movies, fall asleep together, listen to music, go shopping and kiss her. Maybe now is my chance to try out the last part.

She lets go of my hand and starts hugging everyone. Everyone is crying especially Richie and Eddie. She gets to me and I hug her for a while. The bus isn't here so I still have a chance.

I cup her cheeks in my hand and get on my tippy toes. I lean up towards her face and press my lips against hers. Sparks are flying everywhere and I feel like I'm on cloud 9. I pull away and lean against her. I whisper in her ear "I love you" and she whispers it back.

I finally pull away. Everyone looks shocked at me that I kissed her and I blush deeply. She waves and kisses my cheek quickly. She blows a kiss through the window as the bus drives off and I feel like crying. But I assure myself that she doesn't live far and I can visit her anytime I like.

But.. wait.. she whispered she loves me back to me and kissed me back.. then she kissed my cheek.. does this mean we are dating? Maybe we will discuss it next time we are here or maybe I can get her number off Eddie.

I get butterflies in my stomach when I think of Bev but I also get tears in my eyes. She just left around two minutes ago and it feels like 10 years ago. I long for her arms around me again and her lips on mine.

"Earth to El!" I snap back to reality and find the source of this voice. Mike is calling me and I shake my thoughts away.

"Thinking bout your girlfriend?" Richie asks.
Eddie is standing there with a look of satisfaction on his face and Will smiles.
"You told me you aren't dating!" Mike exclaims.

"We aren't! I think.." I reply.
"I decided that it's now or never to kiss her so I just decided to do it because so knew if I didn't do it then, I would probably never do it." Dustin smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up. He supports me. I smile back.

Lucas smiles and says, "let's just get to school guys." I nod and we all follow him in the direction of the school. Hawkins is a small town and the school isn't too far away.

- Lunch time -

I can't stop thinking about Bev. I've been thinking about her all day. I wonder if she's thinking about me? I smile at the thought of her. Then, I see Max sauntering into the canteen and I roll my eyes and sit up. Gross.

"Ew I didn't know trash could walk." Richie says and he gags.
We all burst out laughing at this but Will stays quiet. Then, Max climbs on to a table.

"Listen up everyone!" Everyone immediately goes quiet and turns their head in her direction. There are no teachers in here right now so it's a prefect opportunity for her to get up there and not get caught.