Chapter 5

Simon's POV

When my siblings and I came upstairs and into our room, we saw Y/N shaking on the windowsill. She was most likely ready for bed, she was in her nightclothes and her hair was in a low ponytail (or however you guys have your hair for bed). I instantly walked to her side and sat next to her as my siblings obeyed Nanny McPhee and got ready for bed. I inwardly scoffed at them, when did we ever obey our nannies?

I didn't know what to do for Y/N so I put my finger under her chin to make her look up at me. When she lifted her head, I saw her red eyes, tears streaking down her face, her lower lip trembling as she fought to keep the sobs in. 

"I- I thought t-that you g-got hurt, a-and I ran a-away l-like-" she stuttered. She seemed so sad, Y/N was so concerned about me, I mean me and my siblings. 

"Shhhh, it's ok. That old woman did nothing to hurt us. And it's fine anyway, you got scared, that's fine. I'm just glad that you're ok," I comforted her.

"N-no it's not. I- I should've stayed with y-you, but I r-ran away like a coward," she stammered. I felt so guilty, not knowing that Y/N was harbouring these feelings. I felt so bad that I didn't know sooner, I could've helped her.

"Simon, I gotta tell you why I'm actually here," Y/N said quietly as my siblings started making their way to bed.

"Later, I don't want my brothers and sisters hearing this because they might take this information the wrong way," I said, eyeing Lily as she pulled the cover over her body.

"Ok, I'll tell when everyone's asleep."

Y/N had stopped crying and I wiped her tears away with my thumb. I felt her cheeks grow warm as she blushed, lying her head on my shoulder. I smiled slightly, glad that Y/N was feeling a little better. I would do anything to make her happy. I blushed at my thought.

Then, the door opened and Nanny McPhee walked in. Everyone raced to their beds, Y/N remaining on the windowsill. She looked lost, like a baby rabbit alone in the woods.

"Where will you be sleeping?" asked Nanny McPhee.

"Well, I-I don-"

"She's sleeping with me! Father said so. Come on, N/N," I said, feeling rather proud that I took charge of the situation. Y/N then walked to me and sat cross-legged on the bed.

Nanny McPhee nodded and started walking out of the room. My siblings started getting under the covers. Then, I had an idea and shouted, "Nanny McPhee, wait!" 

She stops at the door and turns around to face me, a confused expression resting on her face.

"You must feel at such a disadvantage, Nanny McPhee. We know your name, but you don't know ours. Let me introduce myself, Ollington Fartsworthy."

Everyone burst out laughing, even Y/N cracked a smile, trying not to laugh under Nanny McPhee's stern face, "That's F-A-R-T-S- Fartsworthy."

All my siblings burst out laughing again and started introducing themselves as other absurd names. I think Y/N started to feel a little better after the incident because she started laughing, hard. 

Aggie got in on it too and started saying, "Bum, bum!"

"You can't be bum, Aggie! I'm bum!" exclaimed Sebastian.

Nanny McPhee walked across to Aggie's cradle calmly and looked at her awhile. Then she whispered something and Aggie stopped laughing. 

"Goodnight Chrissy, (I don't know the order, don't kill me if it's wrong) goodnight, Sebastian, goodnight Eric, goodnight Lily, goodnight Tora, goodnight Y/N, goodnight Simon."

Nanny Mcphee walked out of the room and down the stairs, leaving us all dumbfounded. Even Y/N was shocked, she only just got here. I doubt Nanny McPhee would've known about her before Father hired her. 

"How did she know our names? No one ever knows all names," said Sebastian. 

"She's got to have some sort of plan, maybe she talked to Father about this," suggested Tora.

"No, none of the nannies did that, I don't think this one would've either," I said, "It's not impossible because Evangeline knows our names, but something's going on here." 

Everyone stayed silent, most likely falling asleep, so I followed suit. I let Y/N get comfortable before I joined her. I have to admit, it is a little weird sharing a bed with a girl, but this girl is different, she isn't just any random girl. 

"Goodnight, Y/N," I mumbled. 

"No wait, I wanna tell you something, just you," she whispered. I snapped awake, suddenly listening and having no intention of sleeping now.

"When everyone is asleep, I wanna tell you why I'm really staying here. I think it's time that you knew the truth. Wake me up when you are sure everyone's asleep."

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Y/N wanted to tell me why she's staying with us. Just me, no one else. I smiled as I relaxed again and waited for the sound of my siblings' soft breathing, meaning that they were asleep. Thoughts swirled around in my head. Where did she come from? Why did she come now? Did she run away?

Then, I heard a thump outside the room, and voices, getting louder. Someone must be coming upstairs, probably Nanny McPhee because her room is next to ours. Toss over to look away from the door to make it look like I'm sleeping. My breathing then hitches as I realise my face is only a few centimetres (I'm an Aussie boi) away from Y/N's. When I discover she's already asleep, I take the time to study her features more closely. 

She's so cute when she's asleep, I thought, wait, I don't like her, do I? I mean, I just met her. And she's sleeping. In my bed. With me. Right next to her.

I sighed, my feelings were complicated enough. Now there's this whole new mixup I can't control. I give up internally, maybe it's like this for a reason, maybe this is what you're supposed to feel when you grow older.

When the noises had dissipated and I made sure everyone was asleep, I gently shook Y/N, slightly sad to awake her from her peaceful sleeping state. She opened her eyes slightly as if still trying to work out where she was. Then, she recognised me and sat up and led me to the windowsill again. 

I am finally going to learn everything.

A/N; dearest readers! HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I'm so sorry for not updating, this period of the year is hectic in my household so it has been so hard to write the chapter and update for you lovely people. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your families. :D

I will start writing the next chapter ASAP so it can come out for you guys to read. Also thank you for those comments that told me to update! I feel so grateful and inspired knowing that people actually want to read this fic.

Lots of love, Author-chan :D <3