Chapter 19

Last chapter YAY *throws confetti* This is the chapter y'all have been waiting for, right? Well, you deserve it! :) I have had so much fun writing this, so seeing that you guys enjoy reading it is heartwarming, especially now I'm in a rough assessment block. Thank you

y/n's POV

As soon as we reached the grounds where the wedding would be held, Simon and I separated to sit in our respective seats. I sat next to my mother while Simon sat with his siblings and Nanny McPhee. I didn't expect her to stay after all that's happened. 

Cedric is standing at the front with the pastor, rocking on his feet, obviously nervous. Two other men sat near the children and they kept smiling and making thumbs up to Cedric. All of a sudden, music started playing and I heard the bleating of sheep. I turn my head to look down the aisle and I saw two little lambs, one's fur dyed green and one dyed pink. I cringed at the sight, feeling sorry for the two lambs.

The lambs were being walked down the aisle by none other than my stepmother. At the realisation, I snap back to the front and sink in my seat, wishing with all my might to disappear. I hope that my stepmother doesn't recognise me as she passes my seat and I keep my head low. She passes me without a second glance and I breathe a sigh of relief. I hope the rest of the day will be like this. 

When my stepmother takes a seat a few rows in front of me, I hear giggling as someone else walks, or practically ran, down the aisle. Selma, in all her frilly, pink and green glory, stands opposite Cedric, sneaking the occasional glance at Lady Adelaide.

The ceremony is tedious and long until the couple are supposed to agree to the marriage. Selma, without missing a beat, says "I do" instantly. Cedric hesitates, he looks deep in thought, like he's second-guessing this marriage. 

"C'mon, Cedric, you love me, don't you? Say yes," whispered Selma. Cedric bit his lip and looks like he's under a lot of pressure. That's when movement from the children catch my eye. They had been sitting so still the entire time, I forgot they were even here. I heard a buzzing sound coming from them, and they were swatting at themselves and each other. 

"Bees! Bees!" yelled Aggie, and I catch on immediately. This is another prank. We are going to crash this wedding. I lock eyes with Simon and he has that mischievous glint in his eye and his infamous smirk worn on his face. God, he looked so handsome, even in horrible clothes. 

"Mother, careful, the bees are swarming here," I warned, lightly hitting her dress to add effect. 

"I'm allergic to bees, hurry it up please, Mr Brown," said the pastor nervously, wringing his hands. Mrs Quickly's smile was strained as she said something through her teeth.

"Wait, Selma, there's something on your hat. Let me get it," said Cedric with a calm expression. He swats at Selma's hat, hard, and the woman is sent tumbling to the ground, knocking over the cake. It stayed intact for the most part, looking a little worse for wear where it met the ground. 

"Why, you-" Mrs Quickly stands up quickly, scooping up a hand full cake. She pulls her hand back and launches the cake at Cedric. He ducks and we watch the cake soar through the air... landing directly on Lady Stitch. 

The children, the two men and Cedric are laughing hard, the pastor and I trying to hold back any sign of amusement. My stepmother and Selma look devastated and frightened. Serves them right. Mother doesn't look too satisfied and clicks her gloved fingers. The manservant that had accompanied us somehow knows exactly what Mother wants, and rushes off to fulfil his duty.

He comes back, a piece of cake on a platter. Mother nods at him once and he takes action, throwing the cake at Selma. She runs away and the cake hits the pastor, who yells in surprise and fright, his high pitched voice making me laugh. 

"FOOD FIGHT!" someone yells and hell is reigned down on us. The children beeline to the tiered stands where tens of cupcakes stand proudly. I race away from Lady Adelaide despite her orders, and toward the cake that lay on the ground.

In the heat of summer, you could watch the scene unfold as follows; the Brown children, Cedric and Evangeline throwing cupcakes at anyone within their range, the two men and the pastor ducking down in their seats, finding little protection, Aunt Adelaide's manservant taking all the attacks for her to keep her as clean as possible. Me, I stood behind the cake, scooping handfuls and mainly attacking Cedric, my stepmother and Selma. 

As I'm about to through the sweet projectile toward Cook, who looks like a mess seeing her hard work 'going to waste', I get hit in the face by something, I wipe the icing out of my eyes and I see it's blue, the same shade of blue used for the cupcakes. I search the sea of faces that the cupcake could've come from and I see Simon, his smile reaching his eyes and cake covering his face. He was asking for a war.

I grab an extra big handful of cake and launch it at Simon, whose eyes widen, and tries to dash away for protection. Bumping into Tora, he is stopped and has no choice but to face fate. He gets a face full of cake, a bullseye. I burst out laughing, seeing his reaction, slowly wiping the cake from his face. 

"STOP THIS AT ONCE!" Adelaide roared. The laughter dies down, everyone's smiles are instantly wiped from their faces. 

"y/n, let's go, this wedding is obviously ruined and no one is getting married. We are leaving. Goodbye, Cedric." 

"No," I murmured. I am not leaving the ones I love, not again.

"What do you mean no? You are to obey me at once!"

"I mean I am not going with you! It is quiet and boring and lonely. I am staying here, and if it means I won't be your successor then so be it. I'm not returning with you, Adelaide."

So I was writing this chapter and I realised, "Shit, this is going to be too long to be one chapter, better do a part 2" 

So, I have officially lied again. Trust me, I have a beautiful ending planned for all you lovely people, and an epilogue if you guys really want it. I hope you can understand, love you - Ally <3