three; hourglass

three; hourglass
secrets {onerepublic}
"...oh, got no reason, got no shame, got no family i can blame, just don't let me disappear, i'mma tell you everything..."

~~~

"I'm so tired." Jamie groaned as she kicked off her shoes and hung her coat, not missing the way Spencer seemed a little...far away.

"You okay, Spence?" She asked, and Spencer sighed. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just tired too, I guess."

Jamie shrugged, ruffling Spencer's hair playfully. "If you say so. I'm gonna head to bed."

"Night," Spencer said, watching Jamie close her bedroom door gently. Alone in the living room with her thoughts wasn't her favorite place, so she decided to move that particular party to her room.

As she sat at her vanity, wiping away the traces of her makeup, her mind drifted to Jamie and Ricky.

Her heart positively ached at the sight of them, and she hated that she had spent many a night jealous of the unconditional love the pair shared.

Jamie had pulled Ricky out of his shell, and Spencer longed to do the same with someone she could love. The only problem with that was that Spencer was just as deep in her shell as Ricky used to be. What use could she be to someone else if she couldn't even figure herself out?

As she ran a brush gently through her hair, her phone, which sat face down on the vanity, chimed loudly. Spencer jumped, sighing at her easily scared nature as she picked it up.

@chrismotionless followed you.

@chrismotionless tagged you in a photo.

@chrismotionless mentioned you in a comment.

Spencer was surprised to feel her heartbeat speed up as her eyes ran over the notifications, feeling odd and out of place butterflies in her stomach as she clicked on the picture.

She and Chris smiled up out of her phone screen at her. She was amazed at how nicely the photo had come out, considering Ricky had taken it in a diner at 10 pm.

Chris's arm rested around her shoulders as she curled against his side, her eyes crinkling as she was captured mid-laugh. Chris grinned softly, looking positively carefree.

Spencer studied his face, taking note of every arch, every angle, every tint, every curve. His eyes were beautiful, she thought. Amber and chocolate, all wrapped up in one package.

"He does his eyebrows better than me." She grumbled out loud, the thought making her laugh.

Already comments and likes were pouring in, inquiring as to who she was, were they dating, etc, etc. She giggled as she read the caption.

747 likes
89 comments
chrismotionless thanks for eating the pickles I didn't want and sharing your shake with me. design me some shoes?

Grinning like a giddy teenager, she typed out a reply.

spencerbettleyart on it. what's your shoe size? 😋

Chris replied in seconds.

Spencer locked her phone and sprawled onto her bed, her muddled thoughts clouding up her brain.

She hadn't been in a relationship for nearly four years, the last boyfriend dumping her via phone call at 2 am after (what she thought was) a wonderful year and a half together.

Add it to my ever growing pile of trauma, I guess, She thought bitterly. It had shattered her heart, memories of nights crying in Jamie's bed painful.