thirteen; sick from the melt

don't leave {snakehips, mø}

"...i may not ever get my shit together, but ain't nobody gonna love you better than me..."

~~~

"Don't even worry about it, dude, we seriously don't need help." Ricky told Chris by the gear trailers, and Chris shrugged, too tired to argue with his best friend. He began his walk back to the bus, when Ghost stopped him in a side hallway.

"What is it, Dev?" Chris asked, and Ghost grabbed his elbow. "You gotta see this."

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down!" Chris gasped as Ghost practically ran him back to the now empty stage. "What the hell is so important—"

Chris stopped dead when he saw who sat on the edge of the stage, her back to him.

"I'm gonna let you take it from here." Ghost whispered, leaving Chris alone.

"Spencer," Chris choked, and she turned, standing up so fast she almost fell over. "H-hi." She stammered, clutching her hands tightly together.

The silence hung heavy in the air, but she took a disjointed step towards him, raw pain all over her face.

"I came to say I'm sorry," She started, "Because I was wrong. I shouldn't have said those horrible things to you, and it's been eating me alive knowing I hurt you."

Chris's heart twisted as tears collected in her green eyes, making them look like glass.

"A-and—" She sobbed, "I really, really need you, Chris. Please...please don't leave me."

As if something was shoving him forward, he staggered towards her, who hiccuped and sniffled, looking up at him with those heart wrenching stained glass eyes.

"My angel," He started, moving his shaking hands up to her face, "I'm sorry too. I s-shouldn't have ripped your head off, and y-your heart out, honestly,  for something so minor. I can't fucking believe that I almost let you go."

A tear fell from his eye, and her soft hand reached up to wipe it away. He held her palm to his face, giving her a pained smile through his blurry eyes. "We're both fucking messes," he laughed wryly, causing Spencer to smile through her tears, "But that's okay, because I love you, Spencer."

She gasped, her eyes squeezing shut as he pulled her to his chest, cradling her as if she might shatter at any second.

"I love you too, Chris," She cried, "I love you."

They stood on the dark stage for what felt like hours, holding each other as if they'd never see each other again.

"You didn't get a hotel, did you?" He asked, and her face slumped. "I didn't really...get that far." She mumbled, and Chris pressed a sloppy kiss to her forehead.

"Oh, baby," He said, "I wouldn't have let you stay in one anyway. You're sleeping with me."

Gripping her suitcase with one hand and tucking her under the other, Chris walked her to their bus, the pair absolutely exhausted, both physically and mentally.

Chris squinted, seeing if what he thought were binoculars were sticking out the bus window. As he got closer, he saw that they were, indeed, binoculars, and he felt Spencer giggle against his side as he called out.

"We can see you, you morons!"

There was a small commotion from inside the bus as the binoculars were whipped inside, accompanied by a string of swears from what sounded like Ryan, Ricky, and Vinny.

"Oh thank god," Ghost said dramatically as they boarded the bus, "Does this mean that you unfucked everything?"

"Fortunately." Spencer smiled, "We're a work in progress."

"You can say that again." Ricky smirked, and ducked as Ghost threw a shoe at his head.

"Keep your chanclas on your damn feet!" Ricky barked, "I can smell em from here! I don't need them in my fuckin' personal space!"

"Don't say stupid shit, and maybe I won't throw my chanclas at you." Ghost said smugly.

Chris felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders when he heard Spencer laugh, the sound like a pain reliever.

"I'm so tired," She yawned, and Chris realized that he was exhausted too. "Bedtime it is, then." He said, and they walked back towards the bunks, wolf whistles and cat calls following them out.

They curled into each other that night, kisses from Spencer and soft "I love you"s lulling Chris into the first peaceful sleep he'd had in a long time.