One Last Hope

The Fourteenth Prince, Wang Jung almost couldn't believe what he saw that had entered from the gate of his house.

"Hyungnim (Brother),"

"Jung." Baek-ah marched toward Jung and gave his little brother a brotherly hug. "Good to see that you are healthy."

"Why do you come?" Baek-ah pulled from the hug and raised one of his brows.

"You are sounded like my arrival is not welcome. What? You don't like that I come to visit you, huh?" Baek-ah said in a teasing manner.

"No!" shouted Jung, denying his brother's remark. "It's not like that! It's just... I can't believe that you come at this time."

"What happens?" Baek-ah couldn't help but feel that Jung was a little weird. "By the way, where is Hae Soo?"

"Soo is..." Jung cast his eyes downward and he sounded exhausted. "She is inside the house."

"Why is your tone sounded like she is dying? Or... something bad has happened to her?"

Jung lifted his head and stared straight at Baek-ah. Just then, Baek-ah could see that Jung's eyes were saying the word that he couldn't say out loud. The helplessness that he felt at that moment.

"Jung..."

"Soo... Soo is..." Jung shook his head and sighed deeply.

"Bring me to her. I have something to talk to her."

Jung didn't say anymore and turned his body to lead Baek-ah inside the house. They stopped in front of Hae Soo's room.

"She's inside." Jung looked at the room for a while before he turned at Baek-ah. "I won't bother you two. You can take your time."

"I know." Jung left Baek-ah after that. The distraught attitude of Jung bothered Baek-ah. In his dreams, Woo-hee also said that Hae Soo was in trouble and she needed his help. Baek-ah took a deep breath and pushed the door of Hae Soo's room.

When he stepped inside the room, two things caught his attention immediately. One was how sickly Hae Soo looks, sitting on the chair. And the other was the baby that Hae Soo cradled in her arms at the moment.

"Soo..."

Slowly, Hae Soo turned her head to the voice that called her name. When she saw who it was, there was this elation feeling that she hadn't felt for a long time.

"Baek-ah-nim," A little smile tugged on her tired face. Baek-ah walked and sat at the seat beside Hae Soo. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me," He almost didn't believe that the woman in front of him now was the same Hae Soo, the feisty and lively woman that was also his best friend and his sister. "Are you okay?"

"What do you think?"

"...What happens?"

Hae Soo shook her head. "It's a long story. And honestly, I don't want to talk about that depressing moment again."

"If you say so." Baek-as looked Hae Soo from up to down and he didn't like a bit from what he had seen. It worried him greatly.

"Why do you come suddenly? Do you have something to do with the Fourteenth Prince?"

"No, I come to meet you."

"Me?" Hae Soo was a little bit surprised with Baek-ah answered.

"Yes. Truthfully, before I came here, someone had appeared in my dream and ask me to come and meet you. She said that you are in trouble and you also need my help."