At Last

Hae Soo opened her heavy lid eyes. Her eyes were blurry and she had to take some time to adjust her vision before she realized where she was. She was inside her room and there was someone else that was sitting beside her bed.

"Soo, are you awake?" Jung asked Hae Soo softly. Worried was latched heavily in his tone.

"Fourteenth Prince?" 

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," said Hae Soo, obviously lying. "What time is it now?"

"It's in the mid-afternoon. I came to ask you if you want to eat your lunch now."

"I'm not hungry," Hae Soo shook her head as much as she could. "I feel so tired now. Just let me sleep for a bit longer."

"If that's what you want," Jung answered a bit reluctantly. His heart was hurting when he looked at how frail and Hae Soo was. He wanted to blame someone, anyone. And one person crossed his mind, someone that he knew was always inside Hae Soo's mind. Baek-ah was on his way to bring him to come and meet Hae Soo. He didn't know if he wanted to meet his fourth brother now or not. He didn't like him, period. He was someone that he deemed to be the bringer of misfortune for his family, even if he was his brother in blood and flesh. Yet... the woman who he loved, cherished this man. And he knew that she loved him very much.

"How long has Baek-ah-nim left this place?" asked Hae Soo suddenly, pulling Jung from his train of thought. "Did you hear any news from him?"

"I haven't heard any news from him and it was about four days ago that he left this place."

"Four days..." In those four days, Hae Soo couldn't sleep nor eat, too anxious to wait for the news from Baek-ah.

"It usually takes about three to four days to go to Songak. Don't be worried."

"Uhn," answered Hae Soo short. She had waited for about two months and she didn't mind waiting a little longer. It just, she could feel it. Her body couldn't wait any longer. She could fall asleep now and she didn't know if she could open her eyes again. "Wangjanim (Your Highness). Please, I want to see Seol. Where is she?"

"She is being fed right now. I will bring her to you. Wait a moment."

Hae Soo nodded her head weakly. Jung stood up from his position and exited Hae Soo's room. A male servant came to him in a rush when he just stepped out of the room.

"My Lord," said the servant.

"What is it?"

"Prince Baek-ah and another man are waiting for you at the main gate-" Jung dashed to the main gate without hearing his servant finished talking. In his mind, he was still processing the servant's word but his body had reacted first before the servant's word fully entered his mind. He was once a general and had trained his body to react first in all kinds of situations. Just like the situation at the moment.

Jung's mind only caught two words: Baek-ah and, a man.

"Hyungnim!" Jung shouted to Baek-ah the moment he saw him. Baek-ah stood just a few steps from the main gate and his head turned immediately when he heard Jung's voice. Jung saw that he was kind of restraining the other man's hand to not leap and make a jump on him. 

Jung halted his steps when he saw the other man. Dressed in all black, his head and face were covered with some kind of silky hat. No doubts in his mind, he knew that was his fourth brother.

Jung walked slowly to the two men and bowed his head to address his king-older brother.

"Greetings, Pye-"