Letter for the King

Baek-ah stared at the gate of the palace not far from the horse he was sitting at. He had tried to come as fast as possible by riding the horse nonstop, with him resting as little as possible. The mansion was quite far from the palace, it was a place for an exile after all. It took him two days before he arrived in front of the palace's gate.

The last time he came to this place, it was because he was concerned about his brother's issues with Hae Soo. And now, he came back again for the same reason, but with different purposes.

Striding toward the palace gate slowly, little by little, he was an onslaught by different memories of the palace. The happy one, the sad one, and the most recent memory that made him left the palace, the bitter and sorrowful one. But thanks to the dream of meeting Woo-hee, the remorse feelings that every time would surface if he remembered about Songak was no longer that overwhelming.

Losing Woo-hee was something that Baek-ah would not be able to forget. Those feelings were something that he wouldn't be able to describe. He didn't want his beloved brother to feel the same thing as he did, something that his fourth older brother would feel soon enough if he didn't do something.

With determination shone in his eyes, he passed through the palace gate and immediately marched through the imperial courtroom to meet with the king, his beloved fourth brother.

---

Wang So, the 4th King of Goryou, known as Gwangjong later in history, was beyond pissed. No... he was furious.

"Pyeha (Your Majesty),"

"Don't."

"Pyeha,"

"Jimong, I say, don't."

"I-"

"And don't even make your dry jokes for this matter. Or do you want to join the other ministers that dared enough to oppose me, to meet them six-feet under, huh?"

"I just want to say that you holding the petition upside down."

Wang So looked at the petition in his hand and it's indeed upside down. He threw the petition angrily to the table and closed his eyes, while one of his hands nursed his pounding head and let out a disgruntled sound.

"You shouldn't let the emotion took over the body. And, please try to control your anger. While it's good for making the ministers fear over you, but it also isn't good for your health." As Wang So's advisor, Jimong would always be beside the king if there was a court meeting. And he couldn't help but feel weary after every meeting was finished. Wang So was his friend before he was the king, and he had avenged the crown prince after all, just like what he promised to him.

"After what my mother did to me... of her disowning me, I have learned my lesson that letting the emotion taking over your head is the biggest mistake." Wang So remembered the massacre of the monks he did for his mother to hide the assassination plan Queen Yoo had planned. That was the last time he ever showed his true feelings to his mother that in the end the queen mercilessly threw those feelings and trampled it into pieces. "That damn ministers have pushed my button in the wrong way and I have warned them about this. It's a good thing that I didn't do what I really want to do to them. They should thank me for only lashing out at them."

"But... I can't say that what they said to you is wrong either," Jimong treated the matter carefully because this thing was very sensitive, the one thing that made Wang So lashing out to the ministers. "You should really think about having an heir to succeed the throne."

"An heir?" Wang So looked straight to Jimong and let out a derisive laugh. "I should have a child with a woman that is the sister of the mastermind for all the messed up things that happened in my life? The sister of that traitor?" It's not that he hadn't slept with Yeon-hwa. But after knowing Wang Wook's relationship with Hae Soo, whenever he saw his sister, Wang So almost couldn't hold the urge to strangle her. It's better if he didn't see her until he could make amends with his eighth brother, which was not happening in the near time.