02. Vengeance on the Wicked

Amy stared down at the crumpled figure at her feet. Finally! Finally, she was going to see the face of the lowlife bastard who had dared to abduct Flo!

One corner of her mouth curled up into a dismissive smile.

See his face? Ha! As if there were going to be any surprises. She'd spent her whole life pandering to worthless young aristocrats. Once you'd seen one, you'd seen them all. Unshaven, bleary-eyed, fat buggers with supercilious grins and grabby hands. Rat-faced bastards, the lot of them!

Slipping a foot underneath his figure, she pushed, rolling him around, and—

What the—!

Interesting kind of rat, Amy, whispered an annoying little voice at the back of her mind.

How dare he? How dare he look so...human? He was supposed to be a monster! A slimy toad from the bottom of the pond!

And he didn't just look human. There were other adjectives that popped into her damn traitorous mind. Like...strong. Good. Even...noble!

There was no other bloody way to put it! High cheekbones, a confident, almost arrogant mouth, a strong bloody chin that looked bloody determined even while out cold on the floor...! Hell! He even had hair as golden as the dawn! He looked like a hero, straight from a fairy tale where the lonely, low-born girl marries Prince Charming!

Not that she ever read any of those.

Never!

Not ever!

Amy shook her head, hard.

So what if he looks "noble"? Nobles are the least noble people on this planet! They're arsewipes, the lot of them! And this one... This one is the worst of them all.

Right.

She could not forget. She could never forget.

Bastard! How dare you look like a decent, honest human being? I'll crush you and squeeze every bit of information I need out of you!

Marching over to the door, and taking care to step on the pervert's pretty face in the process, Amy peeked out through the front door into the courtyard. There was a coachman taking care of his horses not far away, and a few footmen joking and laughing. Amy tensed, but then, seeing them heading off towards the stables, relaxed again. Closing the door behind her, she turned back to the unconscious man and gave him a charming smile as she cracked her knuckles.

"Well, well...seems like we're gonna 'ave some time alone for the two of us. Ain't dat lovely?"

Silence was the only answer.

"Ye know...ye remind me of an acquaintance of mine."

More silence.

"Aye, now ye definitely remind me of 'im. Let's go, shall we?"

Grabbing the filthy degenerate by the feet, Amy started to drag him down the corridor, polishing the floor with his face in the process. For a moment, his nose got caught on the dirty doormat, but when Amy gave a somewhat stronger tug, it slipped free, and his forehead landed on the wooden floorboards with a thud.

"Oh dear. I'm so sorry."

For the floorboards.

Amy glanced around. Hm...where to stage her investigation? There was a bedroom right next to her—but she must not forget that there were still people in the house. There was also a bedroom in the semi-basement, and that was far more secluded and farther away. Hm...