Chapter 14 - Into The Darkness

Matt couldn't understand anything, but he was terrified. He had been shoved into the hands of a strange man who said he wanted to eat him, and now he was being shoved out the arena doors. As they got out of the arena's perimeters, he looked up to see some of the Daggers had climbed over each other, peeking over the edge, all staring at him. They laughed and screeched, in the disturbing way that the Daggers did.

Matt hadn't realized he'd slowed down until the man pushing him suddenly let go to shove him forward. "Hey, come on, let's go! Move it!" He shouted. He grabbed his shoulders again, but this time his head came neck to Matt's ear.

"Don't worry, just walk."

Matt turned around to look him in the eye, but the man stopped him. "Eyes forward!" Matt turned back, following where the man led him. He leaned in again. "Up there, we're going that way."

...................

The man pushed him into the room, rolling a rock in front of the entryway. He leaned against it, his eyes wide and nervous. Finally, after catching his breath, he looked up, eyes on Matt across the room. "Scream."

"What?"

"I need you to scream, they've gotta think I killed you."

Matt looked around, confused, but seeing the man's face again, he could see that this wasn't a trick. The man was actually asking him to scream for that reason. "Cover your ears?" Matt said, more as a request. The man pressed his hands over his ears and waited.

And Matt screamed. He screamed so loud and so terrible, it echoed over half of the Dagger's lair. It echoed through the dungeons, hitting every prisoner, finding it's way to the jailer, and back into the room they were in.

When he was done screaming, the man removed his hands. "You're good at that." The man sighed and sat down at the makeshift table.

Matt approached the table cautiously. "So... you're not going to eat me?"

"God, no! I don't even know why I said that! You believed me when I said that? I'm surprised Dark believed me! Hell, I wouldn't believe me!" He sighed and placed his head on the table.

"So why did you save me?"

The man looked up and gestured for Matt to sit down. He did, slowly, and without breaking eye contact. "Listen, my name is Nate. I've had a lot of questions for a long time, but I never thought to look for answers until you came here. So I need you to tell me... because I'll need all the information I can get if I want to finally get out of here."

END OF PART 2

PART 3 COMING SOON