dance, fourth years (pt.1)

There was something ominous about the Yule Ball each year. Now that Harry and Draco were both old enough to attend, they were more worried about finding dates. Every week for the past year, the two would meet in the music room to teach each other. 

     This year, however, would be too difficult for them to sneak around and hide out. The boys had to think of the Yule Ball and who they would take. They couldn't take each other...could they? It's not uncommon for friends to attend together, but normally it would be a pair of girls that would go as friends. It was more unheard of for two boys to go together in general. As friends or otherwise.

     Our journey starts the month before hols, with two fourth year students hidden away in the depths of Hogwarts. Harry sat diligently at the piano, playing away his troubles, while Draco stood with an easel across from Harry. After realizing how horrid Draco had been at piano, they decided to set an agreement. Draco would happily draw whatever he felt fit, and Harry would play. The music room had become their sanctuary, their home away from home. Theirs. Since they discovered it, they never saw another student enter the room. 

     "Are you going to ask anyone to the ball?" Harry brought up, finishing the piece he had been working on. Draco nearly dropped his pencil in surprise, looking at Harry behind the easel. "I've thought about asking someone, but I don't really know. I don't talk to very many people besides you and my friends in Gryffindor." 

     "I...I guess I know what you mean. I thought about it, but you're pretty much my only friend besides Crabbe and Goyle. If I had to ask anyone, though, it probably wouldn't be someone in my house." Draco hinted. He had developed a crush of sorts in the past few months, but he dared not let his feelings be known to anyone. 

     "Yeah? Who?" Harry had grown jealous quickly. He had become slightly possessive of Draco in the few months they've been talking. Harry had fallen quickly for Draco and was absolutely horrified that Draco may not feel the same. "What house is she in?"

     "They're in Gryffindor, actually." Draco made sure to emphasize the gender-neutral pronoun. He didn't want Harry to know that he wasn't straight, but he didn't want to make Harry think he was entirely straight.

     "Oh?" Harry's brain screamed at him to do something. To say something. "She's lucky." He muttered, looking down at the keys. Draco watched Harry's facial expressions. The conversation seemed to end after that, so Harry began to play again. He played the song he had wrote for Draco. He was crushed that Draco liked someone in Gryffindor and it wasn't him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don't kill me, but there is a method to my madness.

Dance, Fourth Years is a 5 PART CHAPTER.

Mainly because there would only be 4-5 chapters after this otherwise. 

My goal is to have ONE PART of Dance, Fourth Years uploaded every day this week.

Monday is Part One, Tuesday Part Two, and so on until the FINALE on Friday!

After that the upload schedule is as follows:

Smile, Fifth Years: 12/22/19

Be Merry, Sixth Years: 12/23/19

Love, Seventh Years: 12/24/19

Merry Christmas, Lovers: 12/25/19