Prologue

A young girl was dreaming of a life that she thought she would never have.
A loving family.
A bright future.
And most of all that she didn't know she couldn't have; a normal life.
Rain thundered down on to the concrete pavement outside the orphanage followed by claps of lightening every ten seconds.
Suddenly thunder crashed so loudly that it drove the young girl from her slumber, with a gasp as she turned to look outside her window at the storm that was brewing outside it.
She noticed that the latch wasn't quite shut and was close to coming undone and letting the rain in, so the tired girl, rubbing her eyes, got up and started to shut the metal latch-

CRASH!

A flash of lightening hit the window and electrocuted child was sent flying across the room and hit her bedroom door.

It hurts... I'm scared!

Her hair turned a pale pink and her body was trembling as she was materialising in and out of reality to an extent of becoming invisible.
In her frightened state she fainted from the shock and everything went black...

*******

"We're back, Professor!" A young boy announced, proudly.

I felt like someone's arms were holding me as if I was being carried.

Whose carrying me...?

I tried to move, but I felt so weak like my body wasn't my own, I opened my eyes a little to see a guy in goggles with a small smile and a red-headed girl walking along next to him. I began to wonder what had happened until I remembered the lightning and it all came back again, in a shudder then I noticed the girl looking at me smiling.

She's friendly, I wonder if we could be friends...

"Ah Scott, Jean. Welcome back" another man greeted with a happy tone.

He sounds so familiar...

I turned to look where we were going there and saw a woman with a white-haired walking towards us with a man in a wheelchair alongside her. I inspected the man closer and the realisation hit me and I grinned like a cheshire cat.

"Uncle Charles!" I cried, squirming out of the strange guy's arms.

"Zoe, my dear," My uncle said, happily.

I finally got loose from the other guy's arm and ran over to my uncle and gave him a big hug as I sat on his lap, hugging him tighter.

"It's so good to see you again, Zoe" he exclaimed, joyfully.

"I missed you too, Uncle Charles" I sniffed happily as tears ran down my face.

"So this is her huh, Professor?" the red-headed woman asked, happily.

"Yes this is my dear niece, Zoe Blackwell " the older man replied with a smile, "Zoe, this is the X-Men".

I turned to look at everyone feeling shy, as I looked at them nervously they smiled at me, warmly.

"Hello Zoe!" Jean greeted with a big smile.

It was strange but I felt like I had a family again, just seeing them and strangely I could see their pasts, seeing them I saw the pain they went through and the joy they experienced.
I smiled back, shyly, thinking I wanted to be apart of it.

I'm making sure they are for keeps...