The Cauldron

Zoe's POV.

He's alive. Oh my god...

Uncle Charles had just announce that Scott's little brother, Alex, is alive.
I was happy for him but a sudden jealousy was rising within me.
Not that he still had family left, but I wasn't going to have an older brother anymore. I smiled a little.

I'm happy for him, he gets a second chance...

"But h-how?", he looked so guilty, "If only I had known, I should have been looking for him! I should have-", I hugged Scott comfortingly.

"It's alright Scott, you couldn't have known" Uncle Charles reassured.

"Where is he?" Scott asked practically excited.

Uncle Charles told him he lives with his foster parents in Hawaii, Scott ran for the X-Jet leaving his bag on the floor.

"Come on, let's go!".

I sighed and picked up Scott's bag, Uncle Charles noticed my despair and put his hand on my arm, "It's alright Zoe, he hasn't forgotten you".

I smiled and kissed my uncle's cheek, "please be safe Uncle Charles".

"I will", I placed Scott's bag on his lap.

Uncle Charles left with a reassuring smile.
I waved at Uncle Wolf who was already starting up the X-Jet, he waved back with his usual gruff smile. I noticed Scott but he didn't noticed me.
I looked down as they left through the waterfall, when they did the others had just arrived.

"Hey, what's the sitch? I though we were bound for Hawaii", Evan asked kind of annoyed.

"We don't have any business going", I replied, "it would be too crowded".

"Yeah, you're right Zoe", Kitty wrapped an arm around me noticing my dismay, "three is already a crowd without us butting in".

Suddenly the blue elf bamphed in with his beach gear only to be disappointed. Then he had an idea that we all go on a road trip to the beach.

"No thanks, I'm gonna stay here and wait for Storm to come back", I began to walk off, "but you guys have fun".

"Are you sure, Zoe?", Kurt asked, "maybe it will cheer you up".

I turned around and smiled the best I could, "I don't feel like going to the beach but I hope you lot have fun".

Kurt POV.

I watched as Zoe walked out of the docking bay, I really don't like that smile. It's clear she wasn't happy but I know better than to force the subject.

"Hey Kurt, are you ok?" Evan asked confused.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" I replied.

"Don't worry Kurt, she'll be fine" Kitty exclaimed, "I bet by the time we get back she'll be her bright, cheerful self again".

I wanted to believe that was the case but Zoe is a mystery in places and others like an open book, right now she's an open book.

Zoe's POV.

The guys left and I just went through my box of photos and videos on my laptop in the kitchen.
I'm tripping down memory lane from when I first arrived to the institute to present day, I ended up laughing at a video of when Scott got caught sneaking in late one night by me and Jean and it turned into a marshmallow party by the fireplace as we tried throwing marshmallows into each others mouths.
It was a good time.
Suddenly I heard Storm calling out to anyone I closed my laptop and headed for the foyer.
I got there and the first thing I saw was Mystique knocked down the stairs by a bolt of lightning.
It turned into a fight right there and the foyer got trashed. I was hiding by the side of the doorways leading to the right side of the foyer.
It ended with Storm getting taken by a werid, silver sphere.