PART 1

I stood in a dark room, not even able to see my hand in front of my face. I could barely hear hushed voices and footsteps nearing me from all around. They got louder and louder, and soon I could feel their presence next to me. I froze, listening only to what the nearest person was saying.

 “Primrose...Primrose...Primrose...” The voice mumbled repeatedly.

 Everyone was saying my name, over and over again. I couldn’t move; my heart felt like it was in my neck and I started shaking. I still couldn't see anything or anyone, but I felt a strong grip on my arm and tried to pull away.The invisible hand tightened its grip as it was joined by other hands, grabbing my other limbs  and dragging me forwards.

Help! Someone help me!” I yelled, but the only answer I got was “Primrose...Primrose...Primrose...,” I thrashed around screaming, and the hands stopped dragging me. I relaxed slightly, trying to catch my breath. Suddenly, my stomach dropped into my feet and a scream formed from my lungs.I was falling down into nothing, the hands no longer holding me. I braced myself for a landing as a bright light blinded me.

Somehow I landed silently on the ground, only feeling a dull tingle in my feet. As I looked around me, I realized where I was. My heart started beating once again, faster than I could even imagine. I was in the town square, surrounded by the other District Twelve girls. I could barely make out that on the stage was Effie Trinket, reaching her hand into the bowl of names. I held my breath, only hoping that I did not get chosen. Katniss had told me not to worry, but it was impossible. My name was in there, so I could be reaped and forced to participate in the Hunger Games. My stomach dropped as I saw her take out a small slip of paper.

Alright ladies and Gentlemen, the female tribute from District Twelve is…” She paused, unfolding the small slip of paper that could say anybody’s name. I felt the entire crowd tense, waiting for the name.

Primrose Everdeen,” Her voice called out. I froze. What did she just say? It couldn’t be possible; my name was only in once. My breath quickened and I could barely stand. The girls around me all began to back up, and someone behind me nudged me forwards.

Primrose Everdeen?” Effie said again, searching the crowd with her eyes until she got to me. She stared right at me, and then whispered something to the peacekeeper who I didn’t notice was standing next to her. All of a sudden, he leapt across the crowd, somehow landing nearly on top of me. I screamed as another peacekeeper grabbed my hands and forced me to my knees. He took out his weapon, and swung it up, preparing to hit me. It came down, coving me in darkness.