1

"Stop trying to show me up!"

"Stop trying to show you up? By the AllSpark, it's not me, it's you!"

(Y/n) leaped at Bumblebee and shoved him back into the wall. They had just returned from a mission and Arcee, who had been keeping them from killing each other, had gone to get a refuel. No one else was in the room, therefore no one was there to stop them.

"You make missions go wrong just by stepping out of the Ground Bridge!" (Y/n) said.

"You're just bad luck!" Bumblebee shot back. "You make everything go wrong!" (Y/n) grabbed him by the shoulders and threw him onto the ground. He rolled to his pedes and threw a punch to her helm. Before she could retaliate, however, Arcee threw herself between them, knocking (Y/n)'s fist aside.

"You two!" she snapped, planting herself between them. Bumblebee's wings were stiff, his whole body trembling with fury. (Y/n) was seething, her optics flaring.

"The mission was a success," Arcee said. "We got everything we needed. No one did anything wrong."

"He's just trying to prove he's better than me," (Y/n) spat. Bumblebee's wings shot up.

"I don't have to prove anything!" he beeped indignantly. Arcee rolled her optics. They all perked when heavy pedesteps sounded and Optimus entered the room with the rest of Team Prime following.

"Looks like someone got on the wrong end of things," Cliffjumper said as they spread out through the main room. "What happened?"

"Bumblebee thinks he's better than me!" (Y/n) accused while at the same time Bumblebee shouted, "(Y/n) is trying to prove she's better than me!"

Cliffjumper blinked and Optimus took charge. "You two," he said, looking down on them in disappointment. Both scouts lowered their helms shamefully. "There is no defeating the Decepticons and restoring Cybertron if we are divided." He fixed each of them with a stern gaze. "I have decided that I will pair you two together as partners, so you may learn to cooperate with each other and contribute to the Team, further than you have been."

"I'm sorry," (Y/n) blurted. "I got carried away." She snuck Bumblebee a loathing glance, quickly averting her optics when she saw he'd beat her to it. Optimus shifted his weight, drawing the yellow and black scout's attention.

"Please don't do this," (Y/n) continued in a pleading tone. "I know we don't work the best, but-"

"I have made my decision, and that is final," Optimus interrupted. "You may find yourselves of use by beginning a patrol." He paused for emphasis. "Together."

They dipped their helms respectfully and transformed. They drove out of the tunnel, silent until a little ways from the base.

"This is your fault," (Y/n) hissed.

"Says the one who started punching!" Bumblebee whirred angrily.

"Speak for yourself." They tore off down the road, bickering.

They were about to make their rounds back when Arcee suddenly called through the link. Cliffjumper had apparently encountered Decepticons on his side of the patrol.

"So they're active again," (Y/n) murmured. "Alright, partner. Let's go get him."

They took off down the road to where Arcee said Cliffjumper was. "Circle around," (Y/n) called. "And don't question me! We can take the Decepticons by surprise better from two sides." Bumblebee said nothing, simply breaking away.

However, by the time they reached the mine Cliffjumper had stumbled on, all that remained was a black pit. (Y/n) transformed, looking up. The Nemesis was disappearing above the clouds.

"There's no way we're getting on that without a Ground Bridge," Bumblebee beeped.

As the Nemesis fully disappeared from sight, said Ground Bridge opened and the rest of Team Prime jumped through, weapons out. Bumblebee and (Y/n) shrugged guiltily.

Arcee jumped into the pit, having apparently spotted something. Cliffjumper's horn. They suggested going after him, then Ratchet informed them of Cliffjumper's life signal going dark.

They mourned, for a little, anyway, before Arcee took off to grieve alone. "So, more patrol?" (Y/n) said awkwardly. Optimus turned away. "I'll take that as a yes." She punched Bumblebee's shoulder, not in a friendly way. He lunged after her, but she had already transformed and skidded out of his reach.

"It happened really fast," she said as he caught up to her.

"You don't say," he whirred. "One minute he's there, the next...."

They turned around as they reached the end of the highway, and for the second time that day, their comms pinged.

"I swear," (Y/n) said. "Arcee, if you're in trouble-"

"I've got a human on me! Two Vehicons on my tail!"

"Scrap," Bumblebee said, braking and spinning around. "Come on."

"Don't mess this up," (Y/n) said. They drove down the road, catching sight of the two Vehicons, Arcee ahead of them with a passenger.

"One for me, one for you," Bumblebee beeped. They both put on an extra burst of speed, drawing ahead of the Vehicons. (Y/n) stayed beside one, driving it back towards the second while Bumblebee prevented them from getting ahead.

The end of the highway was in sight when one of the Vehicons managed to get just ahead of (Y/n) and hit Bumblebee's side. He moved out of the lane and hit the wall, spinning out of control.

With no civilian cars in sight, (Y/n) transformed and chased the Vehicons off the highway, Arcee meeting her at the bottom and tackling them.

"Where's Bee?" Arcee asked as they advanced.

"He got sidelined," (Y/n) said. "He should be here in a moment. I thought you needed help." Arcee glanced back at now a pair of humans watching them with wide eyes. This was her downfall as a Vehicon sent her flying back with a shot to the chassis. (Y/n) ducked another shot but two more sent her beside her teammate.

The Vehicons moved forward, but before they could get far, one collapsed on the ground while Bumblebee punched the second hard and landed it next to its partner. He stepped back, a crunch sounding. His optics dilated and he turned to the human.

"Sorry!" he beeped. The younger looking human replied something as the two femmes stood up.

"Bee, behind you!" Arcee shouted. Bumblebee turned too late and the Vehicon shoved him onto the ground, planting its pede on his helm. (Y/n) started firing and the Vehicon stumbled back.

Then there was a honking and Bumblebee scrambled to his pedes, standing beside Arcee as Bulkhead transformed, slamming his fists together.

"Who's ready to rumble?" he said. The Vehicons hesitated for two seconds before turning and retreating.

"What took you so long?" (Y/n) asked.

"Traffic."

A/N: This is one of most likely two X Readers I will be doing soon because my sister has exhausted her sources. Do not worry; it will not be following the episodes because that's boring. I just needed them to get the humans. It will differ in the next chapter. So, there you go.