Things is common

The first call they had was still awkward between them. Neither knowing what to say to the other. Willy was the first one to call three days after they met in person.

The second time it was poppy who called him late in the evening. Only this time they had no problem talking.

"Do you ever have a really bad day , and I mean a terrible one were nothing works or goes right" poppy ranted the second he picked up the phone. Smiling at how she didn't seem distant like two days earlier. "Literally that's today".

" what happened" he asked walking into his apartment at the end of the day. Collapsing on his sofa.

"Broken packaging machine. Two of them and I fixed one but the other is just going to have to wait for tomorrow when I have more patience" poppy answered glad that she could talk to him. She got home after work needing someone to rant to and lucky for her she had his number.

Willy flinched knowing from experience how bad that is for business. "As bad as that is from experience. There has to be more than that to annoy you this much" he laughed starting to relax.

"Sorry if I'm being snappy I had to start planning for Christmas today".

" what's wrong with Christmas "he asked.

"Its my version of Halloween to you" poppy sighed . "so how was your day then".

He smiled at the question. No one had asking him that in years. " finishing up my new ideas for Halloween. At least I can calm down after the end of the month".

"Lucky you I'll be lucky if I can remember my name by the end of the year"

"There's lot of good things about Christmas to"Willy reasoned trying to cheer her up."like Christmas trees, decorations, family get togethers". He laughed when he heard her groan over the phone as he listed things off.

"Christmas trees are the worst" his wife reasoned over the phone. Glad that she was finally starting to calm down."just looking at them makes me want to take a Xanax , makes my OCD flare up. Best part of Christmas is taking the decorations down"she answered making him perk up. This was the first thing about her personal life that she had shared with him.

"You have OCD"he asked shocked."as in the cleaning like a mad woman kind".

"Then I guess you married a crazy woman" Poppy joked while trying to sort out tomorrow's paperwork that was pilling up."last time I got a tree i attacked it with scissors it's that bad. Don't even get me started on tinsel".

They both started laughing as soon as she finished talking. Both apartments filled with mad laughed. Conversation seemed to follow between the two at last. Just like he had hoped.

"What are you doing tomorrow besides panic" Wonka asked hopefully."we could meet up somewhere".

"Everywhere will be closed it's a bank holiday" Poppy sighed, making them both pause in disappointment. Wonka was disappointed but also nervous about having someone he didn't really know in his factory."you could come visit if you want?" Poppy offered looking out her apartment window to her factory across the street."I can cook, just be warned I have a weird sweet tooth".

"How weird?"Wonka asked happy that she was the one to offer where to meet up.

"Jellybeans with eggs"

"Well how could I miss that"

*****************************************************

Poppy ran around her apartment fussing over minor details nervous for her date with her husband. Few people have ever been inside get apartment before which made her even more nervous.

Wonka was going to arrive any moment and all she could think of was how much she really wanted to reorganize her bookshelf because one of her books was slightly older than the rest which made it a darker shade than the others.
She already took her meds this morning but when she found on something she really obsessed over it.

The doorbell rang from behind her causing her to jump before turning around to answer it.

"Hi" Wonka greeted at the door with flowers for her. Surprising her for a
second before smiling back at him brightly. Taking the flowers and ushering him inside. Still avoiding the bookshelf.

"It's great to see you in person" Poppy smiled hugging him gently before moving to the kitchen. She watched him from the kitchen as he looked around.

Wonka was surprised by the about amount of colour around her apartment. But he could see the suttle tells that shows it was all organized.

"So what do you think"Poppy asked

"Rainbow" he said walking back to her."it's very colorful here". He really did like it. It was an open floor plan with lots of white with bright coloured furniture and decorations. "I'm surprised you don't live in your factory though".

"Tried and failed. I had trouble leaving my work at home and stopped sleeping" she explained shuddering at the memory."so cook or order in. Word of warning I cook a great macaroni and cheese. Which is also all I can make"

"Depends what your going to add to it. Gummy bears or marshmallows".

"I was thinking peppers actually. But for that now I'll add chilli" Poppy joked slightly serious , making him smile.

******************************************************

The fire alarm only went off once thanks to her husband's help. Although now he was the one cooking and she was cutting the cheese and chilli. Wonka watched her from the stove as she tried to ignore how uneven the slices were.

"Is it hard" Willy asked genuinely curious about her OCD. Never having meet anyone with it before."most be annoying sometimes".

"Sometimes" she answered looking up after him. "Usually it's only a little thing that gets my attention which drives me nuts".

"Like what?"

Poppy hummed before leaning back in her chair to think. Biting her lip in thought."well, last week I spent the whole night trying to get every crinkle
out while ironing. I literally flinched when I had to fold my clothes" she laughed thinking about it. "Or when I buy candy I have to color code it because it stresses me out.

Wonka couldn't hold it in anymore and laughed along with her."I could tell by the gummy bears on the coffee table.

"Trust me when I tell you if your serious about wanting to stay married by the end of the three months you'll be running away from me"

"I wouldn't say that" Willy denied throwing the cheese and chilli in the pot."I like the idea of marriage to a crazy person. Helps me feel more relaxed about acting like myself".

"Well if this is what marriage is like then maybe it's not so bad"Poppy smiled and moving too set the table."so what do you remember from Vegas. All I remember is your hat and sand from somewhere".

"I knew there was sand" he started excited."i just don't remember where. The only think I remember is that blue dress you were wearing". Poppy took over in the kitchen my serving up the food.

"Out of curiosity what was a toy maker doing in Vegas to begin with" he asked sitting across from her at the table. Happy that their date was going well so far.

"Launching model rockets in the desert before I let them be mass produced" Poppy answered excitedly."I always stock pile them all year and then make a weekend of it when I launch them".

"So how was this year's" he asked taking an interest.

"Not as good as the toy trains coming out next month but they only need a few tweaks. So what where you doing there?".

"Vacation. I needed time away to think up new ideas".

"Must have been some vacation. Married on the first night there" poppy giggled."never thought I'd be married before".

"Not a people person?"

"I tend to annoy people*

"Ah now we can be the annoying married couple together" he teased.

"Carful or your gonna get a goodbye kiss when you leave"she teased back making him blush.