46

reference for later ^^
——

"now that maple syrup finally got his money, we can go shopping," chenle exclaimed.

jisung whined. "please don't start another shopping spree. my arms hurt from all the stuff i had to carry last time."

"we split it up though! i had half and you had the other."

"you bought like fifty bags with a bunch of stuff in them, i'm so hurted right now."

the group of seven were currently in a van and headed towards the mall. donghyuck was excited that he'll get all this time to spend with his new boyfriend before he left the next day. thinking about mark leaving was scary, there were so many things that could go wrong when they were apart and so many things that wouldn't be seen or said. he was sure that when it would be time for him to go, things wouldn't settle in until he was already on the other side of the world.

long distance relationships never worked out in the movies and that scared donghyuck more. although this was reality, whatever was portrayed in those scenes was seemingly accurate and valid. nervousness found its place in the pit of the tanned male's stomach and he latched onto mark's side.

✧ ✧ ✧

"what about this?" donghyuck held up an oversized hoodie against mark with a soft smile. it was a mustard yellow colour and he personally loved it.

"what about you have it? you can spray my cologne all over it if you want."

"YAY!" and he threw his arms around mark's neck, elated for such a simple thing. the older returned the embrace and nuzzled his face in donghyuck's hair.

"okay lovebirds, break it up. we don't have all day," renjun clapped his hands together and donghyuck winced.

"do you have a problem? go to your boyfriends over there," the tanned male muffled out.

"yeah, yeah, whatever." he walked away and made a grossed out face.

donghyuck laughed. "did you notice that whenever we tell them to go to their boyfriends, they always do? they never deny it either."

"well they're soon to be boyfriends," mark released the younger from the hug and held his hand. "let's go?"

donghyuck nodded and they went off to buy the hoodie. after the couple bought it, they walked out of the store and around to find somewhere else to go. they swung their hands back and forth with the biggest smiles on their faces. small things like this would always be the most enjoyable.

mark passed by a shop and something inside made him slow down his pace. donghyuck noticed and nudged him in the side, curious as to what caught his eye. "can we go in there quickly? i want to get something."

"of course we can," donghyuck giggled. they walked into a tiny place filled with stuffed toys and cute stationary.

"look at these," mark pointed at two small plushies. one was a moon and the other a sun, both with kissing faces and pink cheeks. the moon's eyes were closed and the sun's were open. they were the most adorable thing to see and donghyuck bit his lip while grinning. "we have to get these! i'll keep the sun and you keep the moon. it'll be a nice reminder that you're always there."

"then i'm paying," the tanned male said and mark disagreed immediately. he picked them up and walked to the cashier who kept a resting bitch face the entire time. "wait no! take my money."

"too bad." mark blew a raspberry and paid for the plushies. donghyuck gasped and hit his arm, acting angrily for what he did. mark took the bag off the counter and left the store.

"have a nice day," the worker said in a monotone.

"you too." donghyuck smiled and got a snarl in return. he gave a dirty look back and his phone started ringing. he checked for the caller and saw it was jisung before picking it up. "hello?"

"wassup rat. we're in the food court and ordering boba. what kind does mark want?"

"first of all, i'm not a rat, so no you." donghyuck tipped the phone away from his mouth and turned to mark. "what flavour boba do you want?"

mark shrugged. "surprise me."

"he said to surprise him."

"okay, bye rat."

"hey! i just said—" donghyuck got interrupted by the call ending. "they're in the food court, let's go." he grabbed mark's hand and the two made their way to everyone else.

"hi, gays," donghyuck waved with fake enthusiasm and put the bag in his hand down.

"heyo, long time no see," jaemin snorted.

"shut up." donghyuck picked up the bag he put down and threw it at jaemin's face, which he caught due to quick reflexes.

"they were probably fucking in the bathroom," jeno snickered.

"son! don't say that to your grandpa." mark sat down in the chair across from him and frowned.

"you should've seen this coming, maple syrup. the dirty jokes were going to come at some point." chenle spared a quick glance up from his phone where he was probably playing roblox and smirked. jisung and renjun came to the table with trays carrying bubble tea and handed them out to everyone.

jaemin lifted up his drink and hit it with his straw dramatically to garner everyone's attention as if it made any noise or sense. "i dedicate this toast to mork and his ugly boyfriend. we've had the best time with you and i have depression because you're leaving. thank you for being the best and finally claiming that you love a dumbass named dongfuck. cheers to merk lee!" everyone started to shout and cheer which made people around them look at what was going on.

the seven put their drinks in and clinked them together, filled with happiness and joy. it was stupid, but perfectly summed their group up. complete crackheads with a hint of softness and logic. these were the things mark knew he'd miss the most.