Stockholm Syndrome

The snipers began to take off their helmets and face marks. Their faces and voices became immediately recognisable. (Y/N), Ruby, Miku, Monika, and Gwen were looking at themselves.

Future (Y/N): We're you from the future.

(Y/N) steps away from his future self in shock. He joins a line of shocked faces. However, Ruby seems to be bouncing up and down with happiness.

Ruby: I told you it was time travel! Boom! I'm a genius.

Future Ruby: I remember doing that...

Future Miku: Cuz' it was only two hours ago.

Monika: Why did you- I mean we, capture us?

Future Monika: As you know, you all have a certain power that no one else has.

Future Gwen: So you five, and us five, have been chosen to protect the entire multiverse.

(Y/N): Woah woah woah. Slow your roll, the entire multiverse?

Future (Y/N): Yes.

Ruby: That's... a big place...

Miku: Yeah, like a infinitely large space!

(Y/N): And also... time travel and multiverse travel? That seems like everything is gonna get complicated real fast.

Future Ruby: And your point is...

(Y/N): Uh... I'll get back to you on that.

Future (Y/N): You won't.

Gwen: Why were we chosen? Why were you chosen? You know what, why were any of us chosen? Like, the Avengers are literally over there!

Gwen gestures to the Avengers tower in the background.

Future Miku: This is more than an Avengers level threat.

(Y/N) gulps.

Gwen: And about why were we chosen?

Future Monika: That's the one thing we don't know. So far, our answer is ourselves.

Miku: OK?

Ruby: So... what happens now?

Future (Y/N) grabs out the futuristic contraption and shoots it at the floor. A portal opens up.

Gwen: Do we go in or-

Future Gwen: Give it a sec.

An object then flies out of the portal. Everyone watches as it flies high into the air. As it starts to fall down, (Y/N)'s power calculates a path that the falling object is taking. (Y/N) looks over to the landing point and sprints over to it.

Miku: What are you-

The object lands directly into (Y/N) hands. The force creates a small crater around (Y/N)'s feet. (Y/N) steps out of the crater and examines the object. It appears to have two white body parts connected to each other with a black tube. Three claws stick out of one end of the device.

(Y/N): Is this a portal gun?

Future (Y/N): Yep, just like this one.

(Y/N) looks up at his future self. The futuristic contraption he had been using the entire time was another portal gun.

Monika: We're that come from?

Future Gwen: Portal.

Monika: Ha... Ha... Very funny. Seriously, where did it come from?

Future Gwen: Portal.

Monika: I swear to god...

Gwen: No no, Portal is a video game in my original world. Or (Y/N)'s.