November Rain.

"Are you sure this is how it's done-yoi?"

"For the millionth time now, Marco! Shut up!!"

"Ace says he saw it in a movie." Luffy snickers.

You and Koala were seated back on one of the canvas chairs while they boys set up the camp. Law, Sabo and Thatch were setting up tents and Luffy, Ace and Marco were starting the fire.

Hmm... Where's Kid?

It was already evening and the sun had started to set in by the time you found the perfect spot by the lake. The autumn leaves now giving a beautiful shine as the dew drops glistened in the orange light of the setting sun and the rising moon.

"I think I'm gonna go look for Kid." You said as you rose from your chair and patted your jeans from any dust.

"Ooh la la~ (F/n)'s gonna go look for Kid, everyone!!!" Koala excitedly squealed for everyone to hear. "Seriously? Like seriously, Koala? Do you have to do that?" You sighed and facepalmed before anyone could see the small grin spreading across your lips.

"What kind of a best friend would I be if I didn't embarrass you every chance I get?"

"You do have a fair point."

You gave up winning the argument with Koala but, that didn't stop you from walking away from the spot to go look for Eustass.

"Don't take too long (F/n)~!!!"

Oh the pleasures of having a best friend.

"Make sure you've got protection!!!" Ace yelled shortly after.

Oh, and brothers too.

"Shut up-yoi!" The sound of Marco loudly hitting Ace's back reaches your ears, a sadistic smirk spreading across your lips as you pictured Ace's face grimace at the contact. "THANK YOU, MARCO!!!"

"NO PROBLEM!"

This is why sometimes Marco is your favorite brother. Not just because he's always got your back. Also because he saved you.

This time around last year.

Walking across the footpath once more, you let the memories of last year flood into your mind.

When I look into your eyes
I can see a love restrained
But darlin' when I hold you
Don't you know I feel the same

You didn't realize that you heard a song playing in the distance until the lyrics hit your ears. You could make out the words a little bit, but it wasn't clear enough.

Nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain

You walked closer and closer towards the direction which the song was playing louder.

We've been through this such a long long time
Just tryin' to kill the pain, oo yeah
But love is always coming and love is always going
And no one's really sure who's lettin' go today
Walking away

If we could take the time
To lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
Then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Do you need some time on your own
Do you need some time all alone
Everybody needs some time
On their own
Don't you know you need some time all alone