Memoria.

"(F/n)! Aren't you gonna get in?" Koala asked as she swam a bit towards the waterfall. "Yeah, I'm gonna... Just a little bit later." You said as you brought your legs towards your chest while you sat on the huge rock beside the waterfall.

You saw Koala swim back to Ace, Sabo and Luffy. Kid, Law and Marco were ashore, not getting in but seemingly distracted in their own way. Kid was sitting on a lawn chair, bursting his ear drums away with his headphones and you were sure he was listening to some metal song.

Suits him though.

Law was reading the medical book you saw him reading last night, resting his body against a large tree and his legs were stretched and his foot on top of the other.

Marco was keeping an eye everyone but he was now on his phone, probably texting Robin or something. No, they aren't dating but they're really close since they were in high school together and now they are colleagues at the Grand Line High School. Both of them are working as teachers, Robin teaches History while Marco teaches Art.

It's a shame you didn't remember the last semester of your last year in high school. Nor did you remember graduation. And the year after. It all happened after the accident.

The constant feeling of something missing in your life never left you ever since you found out that you lost a whole year and a half of your life.

The crazy thing is, after recovering completely and going to 4 months of therapy, coming to this trip has given you nothing but the feeling of nostalgia. It all feels like it has happened before but it feels different. Everything felt different.

I just don't understand anymore.

You felt your eyes tearing up as you thought more about it. You didn't know why that feeling was making you cry. You didn't know...

"Shorty, what're you upto?"

A deep voice from behind you almost had you slipping into the water as you jolted from your thoughts. "JESUS CHRIST MAN! WHAT THE FUCK?!" You looked over your shoulder to see Kid heartily laughing at your expense.

"God that was priceless. Didn't think I'd scare you that much, shorty." He wiped a tear before he sat next to you on the huge rock.

You twisted your lips in a pout. "I'm not short! You're just tall," your pout slowly formed a grin. "Red."

You saw Kid's face pale as he glanced at you, his face turning into a small look of concern and hope.

"What did you call me?" His voice was stern but soft, deep but calm.

"Uhmm... Red. Why? Is something wrong?" You asked as you furrowed your brows. "No, nothing. It's just..." He swallowed. "Someone used to call me that before."

"Who?" You asked in playful curiosity.

Kid smiled at you as he hung his arm over your shoulder and pulled you a bit close. "Someone who was very important to me."

You could tell that he doesn't smile much because for someone else, that smile might be a bit sinister looking but you saw nothing but a warm and kind smile as a spark fluttered in your chest. "Was?" You spoke up.

There was a moment of silence.

"You don't have to tell me, if you don't--"

"My ex."

A silent 'o' formed on your lips as you met his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Nah it's fine." Kid smirked at you again, but this time when you met his eyes, you saw a darkness behind his beautiful amber jewels.