▪️prologue▪️

"dude, no!", daichi yelled as he took a few steps away from a man with a menacing grin on his face.

"dude, yes", kuroo winked before lunging at daichi and gracefully placing a tiara on top of his head. "finally, the prince has come!"

children in the room cheered as kuroo placed a playful and platonic bro peck on daichi's cheek. "we're performing" he whispered, "for kids. go along"

daichi simply sighed and put on a professional look, speaking with an exaggerated accent. things would have been easier if the person who played the princess was, well, a girl. unfortunately to daichi, it was one of his friends. a man with a stone look on his face and a tutu, ushijima.

at least the kids seemed to enjoy it, the three were in charge of babysitting anyway. daichi went along with all their shenanigans, even though he despised fairytales.

a world of dreams, happiness, and magic - no. it was far from realistic views that daichi had. he never read, nor he will ever read fairytales, they're pointless. they teach children about some magical world, implying that all princesses love princes and all princes love princesses - where is the lgbt representation?

once the show was over and the parents came over to take the kids, the trio was left alone with no one to entertain. of course, kuroo had other ideas in his head.

"hear about the haunted house on the side of a block? someone removed the wood planks that covered one of the windows..." kuroo said with a suggestive tone.

"what are you getting at here?", daichi already had a vague idea of where this was going.

"let's fucking go. a haunted house man! seems like an adventure for three college kids", kuroo nudged ushijima who nodded immediately, a man who agrees to go anywhere.

daichi felt reluctant at first, but, nothing back could ever happen, right?

the house proved to be only a 10-minute walk away from their shared house, it seemed like it suffered a fire. "people say that a mother who suffered from post-pregnancy depression set the house on fire. her four kids and her husband were sleeping...", kuroo said, ominously.

"seriously?" ushijima finally spoke. a man who wears a tutu and acts like a princess, a man who agrees to go anywhere and a man who is so empathetic and gets influenced easily - is he even real?

"let's go have a look around and let's bounce out" daichi climbed through the open space and found himself standing in a pile of trash. oh dear, this is gonna take a toll on his beautiful white shoes.

the house was full of blackened walls and mold, probably toxic to their health, but at the same time, the inside was well preserved. some paintings and photos still hung on the walls, the table in one of the rooms still had plates set on it. now daichi remembered - it wasn't some woman who set the house on fire, it was an arson case, the family in the house suffered a burglary and an assault. the masked men that were later apprehended for being suspicious directed the police towards this house, which was aflame. the woman outside held a baby in her hands and screamed for her family members that were still in, but it was too late.

it took daichi a while to notice that he was crying and also that he was alone. kuroo must have played another prank on him. but he felt a strange urge to keep exploring. and soon he came across a closet, well preserved and still in good shape, despite suffering a fire, he opened it marveling at the clothes inside,  he dug deeper and deeper...

until he felt on the ground, must have hit his head, but the last thing he saw was a sky full of stars and planets... 

.
.
.
.
.
.
...

Yes, the closet scene is from Narnia, and the story is loosely inspired by Alice in Wonderland.

This is in no way related to "Prince" (for those who have read my other works)

hope you like it!!

Hatari.