▪️daichi the unknown▪️

"Finally, you are awake!", Daichi heard a voice as he blinked a few times, still trying to understand why the sky was no longer blue, but orange-ish. "We were worried you wouldn't wake up for a second there"

Daichi finally sat up, his back hurt greatly, but that, of course, was not the main issue. He found himself amongst people, on a cart being pulled by what looked like horses, but what was definitely much bigger than an average horse. Their surroundings were a bunch of trees, again, much higher than Daichi had seen and on his shoe sat a small bird... light blue with a small beak, black talons that clearly were not for hunting.

"You know, the only reason we took you is that when a Sky sits on a person it means they are pure-hearted." The same voice spoke and finally, Daichi realized that perhaps this wasn't exactly a dream.

"Where....am I? Who are you? What is going on?" Daichi felt the panic kicking in.

"Whoa there traveler, calm down. My name is Yokozawa. Were are on our way to Kataraménos, a town surrounding the castle. We picked you up because that bird, a Sky, was sitting on you....and also because you were freezing to death" Yokozawa chuckled, Daichi's facial expression was priceless.

Now that Daichi noticed it, he was covered with a fur coat, it was heavy yet soft, unlike any animal he knows. The bird calmly sat on his leg, before bouncing up a bit and looking Daichi in the eyes. A Sky, huh? It looked like a majestic little bird, it's feathers sparkled as if covered in glitter and somehow you could see the wisdom in its eyes.

"Oh, we have arrived," Yokozawa said. A town came into view, old wooden and stone houses dominated the entrance, torches lit up the streets as it was getting darker... this felt like a fever dream. This was way too realistic and a way too elaborate prank for Kuroo to play on Daichi so what the hell is going on?

Daichi pinched himself, it hurt. He checked his pockets but failed to find his phone or his keys. This couldn't be happening. Bullshit! How come he is in a completely different world? This was not a set this was real-life. Everything felt so real, the hard wooden planks underneath him were extremely uncomfortable, the air was cold and somewhat crisp, yet the wind was warm...

"Welcome to Kataraménos, traveler. We shall provide you with what we can. It is July after all..." Yokozawa spoke as the cart stopped. He jumped onto the ground, the snow crunched under his boots. July? This must be a joke.

Daichi followed after him. "July? That's weird...", he said, but Yokozawa simply frowned. "Isn't it supposed to be warm?"

"Not here..." Yokozawa's tone was sad and full of pain. Curiosity strikes Daichi, but he decided to investigate later.

They walked past many houses, the snow was shoveled to sides. It was so white that it was practically blinding Daichi. The people around gave him weird looks, they stared at him as if he was some creature from some fantasy world - well, technically, he was.

Finally, Yokozawa opened the door of one of the houses, inviting Daichi in with a smile on his face. "Please, feel at home", he said before shutting and locking the door behind him.

An older woman's face perked from what seemed to be the kitchen, her eyes were riddled with questions. "Zawa! Glad to see you alive and well. And who is this gentleman?", she asked as he walked closer. Her hands were oddly soft and gentle, she inspected Daichi's face and hands. She seemed stunned and confused, and of course, there was a reason for that.

"Calm down, Chite. Found him freezing on the ground, passed out. Couldn't just leave 'im ya' know", Yokozawa chuckled before taking off his many coats of fur. The inside of the house was warm and cozy, the light was provided by candles and it seemed like something was slowly bubbling away on the old stone hobs.

"Oh, what a fine young man. You remind me of my sons. Come in, sit down, make yourself at home darling. What is your name?" Chite finally moved away and Daichi exhaled all the air he was holding. By the way Chite was walking you could tell she had some issues with her joints, her spine also seemed to be a little crooked - not like it mattered a lot but Daichi was a medical student and couldn't let these things past his eyes.

"Thank you... my name is Daichi. Sawamura Daichi" he finally introduced himself. Chite led him further into the house and to the chairs.

"That is an interesting name. Don't think I know anyone else named Daichi"

"Yeah... I guess that is a rare name. More importantly, I hope I'm not imposing here. I mean, I wouldn't want to disturb your and your sons' dinner"

Daichi couldn't help but immediately notice the pained expressions on their faces. Chite, while stirring a stew of some sort simply sighed. Yokozawa stared into his mug of water, gripping the handle so much his knuckles had turned white. "If only they were here..."

This was going to be a long evening and Daichi had a feeling he won't like what he will hear...

.
.
.
.
.

Let's go!

Time for jump into the story peeps!

Hope you liked it!

Hatari