▪️ocean waves▪️

"Hmm, you know, this is not an entirely dumb plan as you said it was," Sugawara said as he took another sip of his drink, bright red in color and made of only-god-knows-what ingredients. His light clothing was draped lazily around his body - it was the morning after all. People were waking up to the bright and warm sun in the sky.

"I was hoping you'd say that" Daichi smiled at Sugawara. His eyes scanned the prince's body, the way his hand elegantly held the cup, the way his right leg was sitting on top of his left one, exposing more skin than Daichi expected, the way his now rosy cheeks were a fine addition to his soft silver hair, and of course his eyes. His eyes... which Daichi had not been able to fix yet.

Still gray.

Even if everyone in the kingdom woke up this morning, surrounded by fields of flowers and bees which had finally come back, even if everybody was the happiest they have ever been in ten years... Sugawara was still stuck. He was cheerful, he cared about people more than before, he was much more kind - and yet there was still coldness left in him. "There must be something I'm doing wrong, something that I could do to make him a normal human being again, not bound by a curse", Daichi thought to himself.

"So, when do you want to go?" Sugawara asked, punching Daichi out of the obsessive train of thought that he was having. He blinked a few times to come back to reality (oop there goes gravity).

"Any time that is comfortable for you" Daichi answered.

"Uhm... Any time is okay with me, just say a word... I want us to go together, alone" Sugawara mumbled, he turned his face away from Daichi, as if it would help him hide his blush.

"Then, how about we visit a couple of bakeries and head out?" Daichi smiled widely, Sugawara simply nodded and stood up, still not facing Daichi. He mumbled something under his breath and was gone like the wind.

"I wanted to kiss you", Daichi thought, "Why don't I have enough courage to do that?", he continued. He kept asking himself these questions for weeks now. Ever since the flowers started blooming, Daichi's feelings only got stronger, but perhaps he was cursed as well - to love a person who is unable to love him back.

Before he knew it, an hour had passed and Sugawara had JUST finished changing into his new clothes. Now that it was warmer, it was only appropriate to wear something lighter. And oh, how stunning he looked, Daichi could have marveled at his strong form for hours. Sugawara approached Daichi slowly, avoiding looking him in the eyes.

"How do I look?" he asked.

"Gorgeous..." Daichi blurted out, but stopped himself from correctling his statement - it was true after all.

"... thank you..." Sugawara whispered and practically stormed off outside, Daichi following not far behind. 

This awkward stance between the two continued for quite a while. All throughtout thre trips to bakeries, the two barely spoke a word, they simply kept glancing at each other. While in a carriage, they stared off through the windows. Daichi was stuck in his pile of obsessive thoughts, weeping internally over the fact that Sugawara will never love him back, but how blind can love be?

Even if it seemed like the two were avoiding each other, all throughtout the day they still subconciousyy kept track of one another. While shopping for baked goods, they kept brushing against each other, their hands touching whenever a moment arose. Now, in the carriage, their hands were still laid neatly on top of each other... so what's the truth here?

Just as Sugawara turned to Daichi to tell him something, the carriage stopped. Sugwara quickly turned away and opened up his carriage door, jumping out in an instant. Daichi followed soon after, still curious about what Suagwara was about to do. The fresh air filled Daichi's lungs, trees towered above him, shielding the from the sun. 

He couldn't help but remember the time he went to the witch, the whole forest was filled to the brim with snow. You could barely see ahead of you, the blinding white snow was enough to make you go blind. And now... it was green. So green. Daichi glanced around, his eyes caught Sugawara's figure heading towards the Great Lake. It was just one of those places you HAD to see now, after being frozen for years - the lake was finally alive.

You could barely see the horizon... and for a moment there it felt like they were the only two people in the entire world...

"Daichi... Thank you..." Sugawara suddenly said, his voice quiet and practically drowned out by the wind.

"Why would you thank me? I haven't done anything..." Daichi said, just as quietly. 

Sugawara spun around and faced Daichi. "For everything that you've done for me. Your presence, your being, your existence brings me joy and warmth... I'm happy you're by my side" Sugawara smiled. Daichi exhaled, it was now or never. 

He grabbed his hands, still cold to the touch. As Daichi looked into his eyes, he watched as they regained their magnificent color - golden like the ambers of the sea. "Suga, I have to tell you something... I know that this is part of the curse and I know that I will get nothing out of this, but I want you to know..."

"You're scaring me"

"Am I?"

"Are you leaving me?..."

"No... I'm in love with you"

Sugawara's eyes widened.

"I had to tell you" Daichi followed up. Just as he was about release his hands, Sugawara squeezed them harder. He pulled Daichi into an embrace unlike any other, he could feel Sugawara's heart beating against his chest. "me too...." Sugawara whispered, the wind catching his words and carrying them away.

As Daichi fastened his embrace, his eyes caught silver threads wrapped around Sugawara's body. They were practically invisible, but Daichi could feel them under his finger tips. He grabbed them and tore as hard as he could before they snapped and dissapeared into the wind. Sugawara's body went numb as he succumbed into Daichi's arm.

It took them both a second to regain their postures.

And Sugawara had never felt better in his entire life.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
...
We are almost at the end! AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Anyway I hope you liked it!!

Hatari