21. Broken

Jo saazish kar kay marwaye gaye hain

Bohat izzat se dafnaye gaye hain

Those who've been conspired to be killed

Have been buried with deep respect

Hamein tamer kay dhokay mein rakh kay

Hamaray khuwab chunwaye gaye hain

Keeping us in the dark of building our hopes

Our dreams are made into the close doors

Hamein haq goyi ki khatir bula kay

Hamare hont silwaye gaye hain

Calling us to tell the truth

Our lips have been sealed shut

Khiza kay khof se ab kay baras to

Sabah ko kafan pehnaye gaye hain

For the fear of autumn,

The morning wind has been shrouded

The open window of the room made way for the fresh air to get inside. The people gathered around the table were engrossed in the heated discussion needed it anyway.

"So you here's what we know up till now. Bukhari was the one who suspected something was fishy in the way my posting orders came and then what happened. He gave Waleed the task of finding it out and this lead Waleed to Harram who was the only person seemed knowing more than anyone else. And after knowing about Yahya Duraid's being the mastermind behind it she was working with both Waleed and Colonel Bukhari. Sheraz is dead and Bukhari is under arrest for something he hasn't even done. So now tell me about the story of Sheraz?"

Waleed drummed his fingers against the sofa arm and leaned forward.

"Hamail was the one suspected that Sheraz knew more than he should. So we started following him around and that fucker frequently visited the red light area. We talked to a woman there Sheraz was friends with and she was more than willing to help us out. So we kind of trapped him and he blurted out how you were kept in Duraid house then to another place. Too bad he couldn't get to the point of your current location. And then few days later we heard how he was murdered in his house."

Zaviyar's scowled deepened. He looked between Hamail and Waleed and both didn't have to guess the reason behind this judging look. He was obviously not praising their not so fool proof plan.

"And how did Hamail know? As far as I know Bukhari didn't want anyone other than you three involved."

He pointed between Harram and Waleed. Hamail scratched the back of his neck. Zaviyar wouldn't be happy to know the answer to this how.

"I went to Duraid Company's head office."

Harram blurted releasing Waleed and Hamail from his death glare.

"You did what?"

"I wanted to know something about you, anything. And going to your grandfather's cabin looked like a good option. So I went there but instead of Yahya Duraid's cabin I ended up in Ismail Chachu's and was locked. That's where I came across your photos. Those they must've taken when you were sedated. I got cramps the next moment and had to rush to the hospital. It was a sticky situation and Hamail was my only safe bet so I called him and since he found the pictures, I thought it best to tell him as well."