You Don't Want Me

Fifteen minutes into explaining exactly how Judd had ended up with my phone, I was sitting across from Leah red faced and humiliated by the fact I was forced to reveal an aspect of my life I didn't like bringing into the light. She was calm thankfully and seemed to believe me if only for the fact I couldn't possibly make up the previous night's activities.

I wasn't just feeling demeaned, there was venom coursing through my veins. The edges of my vision were red as my blood pressure reached dangerous levels.

I was trying so hard to listen to the words coming out of Leah's mouth.

"I'm sorry I assumed the worst. I'm sorry about your mom too." Her apology was awkward but legitimate.

As the words left her, my phone vibrated signaling a text message from a phone number I didn't recognize.

Glancing down with a sense of dread, I opened it.

Scared yet?

Every fiber of my being was poised to strike like a rattlesnake as I launched myself off the couch and flew up the carpeted staircase, saying something to Leah about needing to speak to her older brother privately as I took them two stairs at a time.

I could barely see I was so infuriated; I couldn't hold back anymore I needed to taste blood. I was going to rip that dick head to pieces and I didn't stop at the long dark hallway and I didn't stop when I got to the door with yellow caution tape strung across it, flashing weak warnings I had zero intentions of heeding. There were beating drums in my ears, blocking out the distant sound of Leah shouting something in confusion as I swung the door open and threw myself at Judd Birch with everything I had.

I landed half on top of him just as my fist connected with his mouth as I I hit him with every ounce of rage I had pent up. He had been laying on his bed when I'd attacked him and the force of our bodies colliding sent us half sprawled off the furniture and despite my cheap shot, he recovered quickly and was on the offense within seconds. He bucked me off him just as I drew back to hit him again, forcing me on my side as he tried to restrain me, effectively stopping my arm at the wrist and pinning it to the mattress.

"You fucking prick how dare you?!" I roared as I slapped him with the hand he hadn't detained. He cursed aloud as his head snapped to the side from the force of the smack before grabbing my other wrist and twisting it to the bed, effectively pinning me on my back defenseless. The sting radiated up my arm deliciously. It hurt and I knew it. Good. I wanted this asshole to hurt like I hurt.

"Shut the fuck up," he managed as he stared down at me viciously, his juniper eyes feral slits like a panther's. I met his gaze with a glare of my own. His bottom lip was split at the edge and a small stream of blood was oozing down his chin, a vermillion drop resting precariously at the edge attempting to gather the courage to make the leap.

"Fuck you!" I snarled as I pushed against him, trying to regain use of my arms so that I could hit him again.

He was straddled across my midsection, effectively stopping me from regaining the high ground. I tried to buck him off but while he had easily unseated me, he had the advantage of size and weight that I lacked. I was pinned and I knew it but despite my cage, I spit and snarled like a cornered wild cat.

"I. Said. Shut. Up." He hissed through clenched teeth as we wrestled for control. I had no intentions of stopping and he seemed to sense that because he was holding me against the bed so hard, I could feel the circulation cutting off. I would have bruises blooming across my carpals by morning.

"Go to Hell," I growled as I all but dislocated my shoulder trying to remove him. My chest was heaving as my lungs attempted to supply enough oxygen to my body. I felt trapped and my brain was going haywire.