Chapter II

Draco was lying in his bed in the common room, wishing he could have her for a longer time but both of them had very carefully made a strict timetable they had to follow so that they could get enough time together without raising any suspicion and getting enough sleep. God, he remembered that night so well. Hermione had "borrowed" Potter's invisibility cloak and snuck into the library again, which made it much easier to do so. They had sat there for hours, making that timetable. He had held her free hand throughout and given her little kisses on the forehead and cheek every now and then. The way she concentrated on her work was amazing. She would do her work and listen or pay attention to whatever was happening around her and the way she frowned slightly when she was having a hard time doing something was so cute. Then after she'd finished, he'd put his arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder and said that he was the best boyfriend ever. It had been almost a month that they had been seeing each other now they would slip away to various parts of the castle and spend time together, trying to take in every single detail about each other, knowing that it would be a while before they saw each other. He just wanted her so much and really wished that he could somehow change everything and make both their lives a whole lot easier where they could be together openly. He was thinking about the night they'd spent on the astronomy tower's roof, gazing at the stars, when he felt something warm in his pocket. He saw the fake galleon that Hermione had made which would burn when she called on him so he would know and same for her. He went to the door of the common room which he had shown her and she had shown him hers just in case of an emergency or urgent matters. There she was, standing at the door, invisibility cloak in hand.

"Hey" was all she could manage to say, even after going through what she wanted to say in her head about a million times. She felt like punching herself harder than she had smacked Ronald upside the head the other day. "What happened? Are you fine?" Draco asked, clearly worried. "As a matter of fact, I'm not." She replied, abandoning what she had prepared and speaking her mind. "I'm not fine with getting to see you so little. I'm not fine with having to hide our relationship and my feelings and I'm not fine with any of this." Draco was visibly perplexed and looked a little... scared? Sad? "A-a-are you d-dumping me?" he whispered, stuttering for the first time in his life. Hermione grabbed him by the collar of his jammies and kissed him. He gasped in surprise and then kissed her back. His lips were slightly chapped his kiss was hard and passionate and he had pulled her so close that they seemed to be one person. Then she broke slightly apart to say, "How could you ever think I would dump you?! Sometimes you are so bloody thick I wonder how you even manage to get dressed in the morning." "Don't have to try" he said against the kiss, then broke away and continued, "I'm so handsome that no matter what I wear I always get ladies swooning all over me." "You really want to relive that third year punch, don't you?" She said, punching his arm playfully. "Anyway, back to my point. What I meant was. I don't care about getting enough sleep or completing my work to a "T" or SPEW or anything else. I don't even know why I put them before you in the first place. I don't care about anything except you. You are worth it. I would even tell the whole world that I'm with you if I could, but that's still not possible. Not because I care about being judged but because I know what a hard time you'd have." By now she was holding both of his hands, their fingers interlaced.

Draco didn't know how to express his gratitude. All he could do was hug her, bury his face in the crook of her neck and whisper repeatedly, "I love you so, so much." Then they got under the cloak and went to look for a place to be.

They had been to quite a few places in the month (well, almost a month) and didn't feel like going to any of the usual places. They were looking for a place on the seventh floor now. The thing Draco loved about the invisibility cloak was that it allowed him to be really close to Hermione. Obviously, he didn't need any reason or excuse to be close to her, but sometimes it felt awkward to him and he felt clingy. They had been talking along the way and Draco really wanted to talk to Hermione about what was on in his mind. Suddenly, Hermione pulled him back by his hand. "Look!" she whispered. Draco looked to where she was pointing and he was indeed surprised. A door was forming in the wall out of nowhere. When it was completely formed, Hermione pulled him along with him through the door. "Merlin's beard!" Draco exclaimed. In there, the room was divided into two halves. On one side there was Draco's bed and all his belongings kept just as they were in his dorm. On the other- he assumed- was the same for Hermione. "Merlin's beard!" he exclaimed "I can't believe what I'm seeing! Do you happen to know about this place at all, 'Mione? "Yes. Oh god I'd completely forgotten about this room! This was the place where we had our DA meetings. You probably wouldn't remember. Or possibly wouldn't even know!" "Oh. Anyway, tell me about this room." "It's known as the Room of Requirement and the house elves know it as the Come and Go Room." She paused to clear her throat. "It shows itself to a person or people of dire need and fills itself according to the need of whoever's inside it." "You know, sometimes you make me feel like a total tosser." He said, looking at her "Well that's good. Maybe then you'll finally start reading more." She said smugly. "But is this just a replica of our dorms, or is this the actual stuff brought here?" "Well, if it's equipped for our needs, it's probably replicas. The only thing more we need is a clock or watch." He suggested. As if on cue, a simple clock appeared in the wall opposite them. "That's sick!" Draco was fascinated. "It's perfect! We can spend the night here together, and then tell the others that we got up early do study or practice spells or for a refreshing stroll around the castle grounds. Everything will be hunky-dory for us now." "I love it. It's like Hogwarts is supporting us. As if it's the universe's way of telling us we're meant to be." Hermione said.