Chapter IV

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry. Short chapter. I just noticed it myself. But the next one's really nice. 

Chapter IV

Draco had no idea when they had fallen asleep. He woke up at 3 in the morning, Hermione still sleeping on top of him. Her arms were wrapped around him and she looked so peaceful. He had never seen her look like that. She was stressed, worried, concentrating or sad. Even with him she was happy, but rarely looked peaceful. He was just thinking about things like this when he got lost in his train of thought and went back to sleep. He woke up again at 7 and thought they should probably wake up now. He shook her slightly and she stirred. She shook her again and said, "Wake up, sweetheart. It's 7. We have to get dressed and go to the Great Hall for breakfast." "Why?" she groaned groggily. "Why can't we stay here for ever? Just you and me. Happily ever after. Why can't this room make that happen?" "Because it's what we want, not what we need." "Did you just say, "We"?" "Fully awake, are we now?" "Yes, yes. But tell me- you want that too?" "Yes. But what do you plan on telling everyone when they search for us?" "Sorry. It's like I'm a mood in the morning. And I can't get over it unless I'm reminded of an important fact applying to my life." "Well at least you're over it now. If you want to stay in bed a little longer, you can while I take a shower and get dressed." Draco suggested. "No. I want to stay in bed only if you're there too." She finally let go of him and sat up. Draco got up too, and kissed her forehead. He went over to the door that had magically appeared in the wall, which he assumed was the bathroom. Just before closing the door, he said loudly, "By the way, you look really dishy first thing in the morning. Especially in your bra." She ran to the door, in hope of catching him before it closed, but Draco closed it quickly, knowing she would beat the crap out of him.

Soon as they both were dressed, Draco said, "Come in a few minutes later okay? Don't want to tip anyone off." "Yeah." she said, glumly. "Hey. Don't look that blue. I hate it when you're sad, plus you'll have to make up something up when the others ask you." He kissed her goodbye and gave her a last tight hug before going. He was just the best person in the whole world. Hermione had never known that he was so sassy and sweet and caring and she loved seeing this side of him. She'd sneaked glances at him so many times when Slytherin and Gryffindor had class together and many times found chinks in the armour that he always wore in public. She'd known he was a different person than he showed and had tried to figure him out from what she knew. She'd been nowhere close. He was so much better than anyone could ever think. Even after being broken, he was kind and dealt with his problems so excellently. She'd grown so close to him in the past month that they'd dated.

Draco was in Transfiguration. They were supposed to be turning animals into some sort of vessel or something. He wasn't paying attention. His mind kept replaying what had happened in the hallways on his way the classroom.

He'd been walking in the ground-floor hallway, making his way through the people headed to various places, when he heard an unfamiliar voice say, "Look at that. Walking with that arrogance and smirk plastered to face." He turned around, and saw Selaphiel Lestrange (a far, far, far away relative), the boy from his house who was super cocky and thought that he was the best at everything when he really was a walked over piece of crap. "What do want, Lestrange?" He asked, rolling his eyes and clearly annoyed. "Oh, nothing. Just wanted to check if you have that cocky behavior when you are clearly just a pile of garbage." He taunted. Well, at least he tried to. "Oh yeah? Look who's speaking. And by the way, I have everything- looks, grades, name, money- you name it. You're the pile of garbage." He retorted, calmer than he would have been if the comment was from someone else. "First of all, you're mediocre with looks, Granger's better in grades-" His heart skipped a beat at her name. "And that name and money is because of your parents. Oh and I forgot- you also have something else- a death eater mark." After hearing that, Draco blocked everything else out and there was just one thought in his head-"Why does she love me? And that too so much?" He just couldn't get it out of his mind. The other comments didn't bother him at all. He was used to being hated on and he didn't need people to swoon over him in a pathetic way to tell him he looked good and he knew his worth. But the dark mark mention really threw reality at him all at once. He was like this throughout the day got quite a few sassy (not to mention savage) comments from McGonagall and scolding's from every teacher. He even skipped meals. He really wished he could make time move faster. He really needed and wanted to see Hermione.