Chapter V

A/N: guys i'm so happy! this chapter got me to my first 100 views! Thank you so much! Tell me if there's anything i can improve please. 

Hermione was in the Room of Requirement, waiting for Draco. He'd left a note for her, telling her to wait here for him and that he would be with her in a while. The note didn't give much information, but just enough for her to know that he wasn't all right. She was just worrying about him, when she heard the sound of the door opening. He entered the room, his complementary grin not there. Very unusual. He was all smiles when he was with her and the fact that he wasn't so right now, gave her all the more reason to worry. "Hey." He mumbled as he sat down on the bed beside her. "Hey, Draco. You look down. What's wrong?" she asked soothingly. "It's nothing. Just something someone said to me earlier." She felt rage boil inside her. She was sick and tired of everyone insulting and hating him like that! They didn't know what he had gone through and certainly didn't know why he did what he did and though it seemed that he made wrong choices, in reality, the had no choice. "I'm going to kill anyone who hurts you." she said through gritted teeth. "And especially someone who verbally abuses you because that's what I hate THE MOST." she spat. "No. It's not what they said that bothers me, but my immediate thought after that that does." He said, unnervingly calm. "What was it that they said Draco? Tell me please. I have to- no- I need to know." She said empathetically. "They said they were better than me, and I responded with the fact that I had everything. Their exact retort was, "You also have a death eater mark." She would make sure that whoever said this suffers in hell for all eternity.

By the look on Hermione's face and fire in her eyes, Draco was sure that now all hell was going to break loose on Selaphiel. Although he had no abjection, he still had far more important matters to deal with. "I know that look. You're going to make Selaphiel's life hell, but please hear me out fully first. I-I want to know why you love me so much." "What?" Hermione looked shook. She was startled and most certainly not expecting this at all. "What he said is right. I have a dark mark and I have been horrible to you for a long time. I have barely ever spoken to you and in the few ones when I did I've insulted and even called you a mudblood, Granger. It doesn't make sense that you love me that much."

That hurt. Not the fact that he was questioning her love- he had every right and reason to- but the fact that he was calling her Granger again. That wasn't her first name. He had even stopped calling her by her first name by now. He always called her 'angel' or 'sweetheart' when they were alone. She knew him enough to know what this meant- if she couldn't prove to him that his Dark Mark didn't matter or couldn't make him change his mind about what the mark meant now, it would mean the end of them. "Draco," She said firmly. He looked up, his eyes big and sad and his face full of loathing. But she could sense that the loathing was towards himself, not her. "Listen to me. I know you've been through a hard time, okay? No one else knows it and that's why they still hate you. But remember Draco, I know the reasons. I have seen your other side and I love it. Your actions can be forgiven and will be forgiven by anyone who knows what your situation was. The others don't know more than half of the story! Yet many have forgiven you because you truly have changed Draco. You are a much better person and I love you even more for it." She could see now that his expression had changed from one of loathing to one of gratitude and his lower lip was trembling. Possibly due to the effort of trying not to cry. She was succeeding. All she needed to do know was add the last straw- talk in his language- and he spoke fluent confidence and sass. "Anyway, those bitches who judge you by your past of which they know nothing, then they don't deserve your awesomeness." His trademark smirk came back and she had never been happier to see it.

Draco immediately hugged her and said, I LOVE YOU! I love you, love you, I love youuuu!" she laughed and he really liked it when she did that. Especially if he had made her laugh. It meant he made her happy and that was all he ever wanted. To keep her happy, to be the reason of her happiness and to give her all that love she deserved but never seemed to get. "He looked at her and said, you always seem to know just what to say to me. How to make me feel better about myself, how to lift my mood, how to turn me on-" "Excuse me?" she gave him a look. "Oh, didn't I mention? Something about you is really turning me on today. I can't put my finger on it, but it really is. Possibly the fact that you smell like Jasmine and I love it." He pulled her close and kissed her, messily, lazily and hungrily. Kind of like how he liked to eat his ice cream- wanting to eat it all up at once, but at the same time wanting to savor every bite. He tackled her, making her fall into a half-sitting, half-lying position on the bed with him on top of her. She kissed him back, sliding her hands up his arms and down his shoulders and back, shivering slightly. She broke apart and said, "Your turning on is turning me on. And God, you look sexy as hell, Draco. I'm so proud to say you're mine." Before he could reply, she pulled him into another kiss which was even more heated than the last one.