Muse

Zhao Yunlan

 I woke up the next day. Not sure of how I got to my bed but that didn't matter, if I managed to get here, it was okay... was what I thought before I opened my eyes, seeing Shen Wei sit elegantly on a small chair next to my bed, his scrutinizing look boring itself into me.

Quickly, I sat up, laughing nervously. Yes, I did remember, it was Shen Wei who'd brought me in last night. Looking at it from one perspective, I definitely lost face yesterday night. He's seen me at a pretty low point, not to mention he had to take care of me... That wasn't too manly of me, certainly nothing impressive. On the other hand, he couldn't have THAT many negative feelings about me, since he hadn't hesitated to help me. That might have been a good sign...

"Good morning..." I grinned nervously. I noticed I was still wearing my jeans and jacket, my hair must have been a mess, not to mention my "I just woke up" face was certainly a REAL delight. Yet, here I was, facing this impecable gentleman, who looked like he had been sitting in the same position the whole fucking night, keeping watch over his troublesome stalkerish neighbour.

A sigh escaping those lips that were until now tightly shut. Instead of an answer, Shen Wei reached out to the nightstand and took a white bowl of porridge from there. Then he checked its temperature with his palm and handed it to me along with a porcelain spoon. "Eat. Getting a gastritis because of poor eating habbits at your age is embarrassing."

I must have spilled the beans last night. For the last three days I truly did eat very little, drinking only tea and alcohol, besides, all that stress building up... The day before yesterday, I was cursed with visitors. First of all, Yan-gōngzi. The number one psycho killer of this triad. A guy I must be on alert around 24/7. Then 3 or 4 triad's main family members wanting me to help them settle down before the actual meeting... and then Da Qing... I swear, the kid will annoy the hell out of me one day... Kids like him have no place in bussiness like this, yet, running from an orphanage, he quickly found his way on the streets, turning to illegal activity and the "cool bros" from triad. He was one of the youngest members, but he sure had been around longer than most of the guys there.

And so there comes my gastritis. Probably the smallest of my problems... But it did bring me to Shen Wei, or more like it did bring Shen Wei over to me.

Taking the steaming bowl of rice porridge, I settled on the bed with crossed legs. I felt like jumping under the shower immediately, but Shen Wei's stare indicated, he's not going to move until I finish my breakfast.

"So... You were here all night watching me?" That was supposed to be a joke, of course, he probably went to his place and only stopped by in the morning to check up on me.

"Yes, how could I leave a sick person alone?" Shen Wei stated. "Besides, I didn't just watch you all night," he added.

And then I noticed that my mayhem of an appartment suddenly looked inhabbitable.

"Wow! Shen Wei-ah! How are you so good to me?! You spoil me too much!" I exclaimed. The enthusiasm apparently worked to show a tiny smile on Professor's face which he immediately tried to hide, while getting up and walking over to the sink to wash the leftover dishes from cooking me the porridge.

So apparently, I wasn't such a terrible stalker, huh? It must have been my good looks, definitely, I was pretty confident in that department. I can't say, however, that my stunt wasn't dangerous. Sure, I moved in because I saw Shen Wei's name on the nametag accross the hall but I certainly never could have imagined him actually living there so it was a coincidence. That was true. Not like anyone would believe me that. Neither Chu Shuzhi, nor Shen Wei. Being on good terms and able to flirt with this handsome find was like a miracle, yet at the same time a dangerous situation. And I'm not talking about what was staring at that perfect back and sculpted behind doing to my "morning mood". Damn this scholar had a built-up trapezoid muscles... and those glutei...

"You work out?" I asked, eyes  forced to look up before Shen Wei turns around and notices what I've been staring at.

He did turn around. "Yes, a bit. Nothing unusual."

So a gentleman who knows how to take care of his whole body... nice... too bad he's not wearing an apron. Next time, hmm...

"Drink your medicine," he added, nodding towards the nightstand with a small bottle on it that I recognized as my emergency medication. I probably made a disgusted face but seeing Shen Wei raise his eyebrows, unwavering, I took the bottle and quickly gulped down a swig of it. His eyes softened and I could almost imagine him saying "good boy". Though in reality, he was probably only thinking that a man like me shouldn't make such a fuss over bitter tasting medicine.

Shen Wei finished doing the dishes and wiped his hands into a towel. "Since you seem well already, I will take my leave. But you should probably rest for a day. If it acts up again, go to the hospital." He went for his jacket, ready to leave.

Quickly, I shot up from the bed, throwing the finished bowl of porridge aside. I caught his arm, just as he was about to open the door. He turned his dark and slightly embarrassed and nervous eyes towards me. I could see, he didn't sleep a wink, though there were only tiny signs of dark circles under those glasses. A strand of his always perfect hair had also escaped and the first two buttons on his shirt were opened.

"Let me thank you over a dinner, Shen Wei..." I blurted.

Noticing his nose slightly cringe, I realized, I must not smell the best and released his arm slightly retreating.

"I will have to decline that offer," he answered. "I was thinking of going to sleep sooner today."

Oh, of course... My poor baby stayed up all night watching over me... I would gladly stay up all night tonight watching over him...

"Sure, I'm sorry, I didn't realize... I mean, I did, just..." Damn it, am I a stuttering highschooler or what? Just grab him and kiss him and... not a good idea, I should brush my teeth...

"Lunch."

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I said lunch. After I'm finished with the tour. You can pay me with lunch," Shen Wei had already turned his back to me, so I couldn't see his expression while saying that.

I smirked. Yes, victory! "I will pick you up then!"

 Yes, victory! "I will pick you up then!"