Beneath the Crystal: The Fireling Reign (SEQUEL)

[Cover artwork by me @Magic_Is_Existing]

This is a sequel to the first book Beneath the Dark Crystal. So far [December 8, 2019] I've written 14 chapters. Here's the summary of the book:

~

Once again, Thra turns into another time and another place—and this time, it's beyond the Age of Harmony. Thra's closest creatures—the gelfling and fireling—are forgetting who they are and what they stand for. They break bonds and split ways, not realizing that both are one. Ignus—Ember Queen Thurma's only son—has been destined to fix the bonds between his people and the All-Maudra's, but will his actions all come down to nothing?

~

So far, I'm not sure when I will finish, but hopefully sometime next year [2020] (maybe in the fall). If you're interested, don't worry! I'll keep you posted until then.

~

Sneak Peak:

Chapter One: The Wisdom Tree

Another World. Another Time. Near the end of the Age of Harmony.

The Glass Castle; home to the Ember Queens and Kings of Mithra—the world of flame. Today, a prince of the Ember King and Queen—Thurma and Asheka—has to attend his daily lessons in the galleries. "Ignus, pay attention," Fiola—one of the Ember Queens and Ignus's teacher—states.

Ignus abruptly stops playing around with the flames in the palm of his hand, staring up at Fiola in complete and utter boredom. "What?"

Fiola gives him a stern look, continuing to walk down the galleries with him, pointing towards the carvings and pictures on the rocky walls. "What do you see here?" She asks, tracing her hand over a carving of the bright crystal. Mavra—the All-Maudra—and Thurma are holding hands. A bright ball of white is carved around the intertwined hands.

"Uh ... I see Mother," Ignus says, arms crossed.

"And?" Fiola asks.

"And ... the All-Madura."

"Right. What are they doing, exactly?"

Ignus glances back at the carving and stares at their intertwined hands. "Sharing energy."

Fiola smiles and shakes her head. "Not just any energy; the pure Crystal and the bright Mother Sun's light." She walks ahead of him and gestures for him to follow. "It is imperative to learn about your past. It is what shaped your present, which will soon bring forth your future. Do you understand why I have to teach such 'boring' lessons–"

Fiola turns around and deadpans when she sees Ignus laying down on a stone bench, trying to sleep. "Ignus!"

Ignus yelps and falls off the bench. He quickly stands up and composes himself, clearing his throat. "My apologizes. I-I'm listening," He lies, smiling wide.

Fiola narrows her eyes before sighing in defeat. "I give up. We'll start lessons again tomorrow. Please, be more prepared and awake."

Ignus nods and grins slyly, feeling very happy he got himself out of lessons for the day. Fiola walked Ignus back to his room—to his disappointment. "Lady Fiola, do I have to stay in my room today?" He asks her with a pouted lip.

Fiola's long eyebrows knit together and her ears twist back. "You know the rules, Ignus. Your mother doesn't want you exploring while the Mother Sun's dim."

Ignus groans and lays flat on his bed. "Fiiine ..."

Fiola smiles and comments, "Good boy." She leaves Ignus to his own merits.