Varian and his Cuckoo-Clock Heart [Varian x Reader]

This is a very new story that I started working on a week or so ago. I absolutely love Varian and started watching the show several months ago. I also love Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart [movie] along with the book The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock heart. It had sort of a steampunk theme and I thought it'd be cute to combine the two worlds together! Here is the summary:

~

The setting is Edinburgh, 1874, during one of the coldest days on Earth. Little baby Varian-born with a frozen heart-was saved by his father, Quirin, by stitching and sewing a small cuckoo onto his chest. As Varian grew older and more curious, Quirin had established strict rules as to not lose his precious son. They are three simple rules: Never touch the hands of your heart, keep your temper under control, and lastly-but most importantly-never fall in love. Of course, as the story goes, Varian manages to break every single rule all because of one tantalizing flamenco: Little Miss [F/N]. Will love truly be fatal for the little cuckoo-boy?

~

I've written one prologue and eight chapters [December 8, 2019]. I'm not sure when I'll finish it, but most likely it'll be sometime this year [2019] or early next year [2020]. For now, enjoy the sneak peak!

~

Sneak Peak:

Chapter 1: Double-Digits

A new day it came to be as the sun rose to the sky, shinning its bright light into the window of Varian's bedroom. His cuckoo went off, almost as if it was his own alarm clock, as he lifted from under the sheets, his dark hair frizzled and messy. His one blue streaked he'd gotten from one of his chemical combustions poked out from the side of his head. He smacked his lips together, letting out a large yawn and stretch as he wiped away whatever saliva he'd produced from the corner of his mouth. Instantly, he felt a pang in his prosthetic chest, quickly digging out the key to his heart from underneath his pillow, and winding himself up.

He took in a couple breaths of life, feeling satisfied once the pain had subsided. He suddenly perked up, remembering that today was a special day for him. He jumped out of bed excitedly, slipping into his slippers as he clumsily ran out his small bedroom and down the rickety-old stairs. As he jumped down from the last step, he was immediately greeted by Rapunzel and Cassandra—two village ladies who often visited Varian from time to time. They felt they owed it to the little genius, especially after he saved their lives.

Cassandra had lost her leg and Varian had repaired her a new wooden prosthetic at only the age of nine. Rapunzel had no problems really, except for her one canine tooth she'd lost after tripping over her own feet. Varian had replaced it with a silver one, which you could always see whenever Rapunzel gave off her signature smile. They had to admit, the kid was a genius.

"Raps, Cass, hello!" He greeted, giving both of them a quick hug before rushing into the kitchen, where his father was usually busy.

Cassandra and Rapunzel exchange goofy looks before following the little genius into the kitchen.

"You're just a ball of energy this morning, huh?" Cass stated the obvious, leaning on the doorframe casually.

Quirin looked behind him, smiling a little as his son finally sat down to eat the freshly baked pancakes he'd made.

Varian chomped up his food, talking to the two girls with his mouth full, "Of course I'm full of energy. It's my birthday today! My tenth one, at that. Which Father said when my age turns into double-digits, I'm allowed to go to town with you guys!"