New Blood (Kanato Sakamaki x Reader)

This is a new reader insert story I came up with on a whim. I actually started writing it on my google docs out of sheer entertainment. Then, I started to work with it more and more until I made something out of it. Now, I'm not going to lie, the original show—on a critical level and in my opinion—was mostly just shota filler with little plot. Plus (I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion) but I hate Yui. She's so bland, boring, and stupid, which makes her less empathetic character.

So, I never really cared for her as the protagonist. I wanted to write something that has a bit more depth (especially with the characters, including Yui). Plus, Kanato is my favorite and I just wanted to write something about him. Here's the summary:

~

Anyone and Everyone is capable of love. That's what (Y/N) (L/N)-the new sacrificial bride of the Sakamaki household-believes. The young female has been assigned to live with a group of prestigious young men who let students live in their manor to attend a night school: Peak Emperor Academy. (Y/N)'s number one mission is to uncover the mystery behind her mother's death, but a certain purple-haired vampire might be a huge fork in her path.

~

So far [December 8, 2019], I've written 8 chapters. Again, the date of when I'll finish is uncertain, but sometime in 2020 perhaps. I'll keep you updated if you are interested in this story!

~

Sneak Peak:

Chapter One: New Arrival

(Y/N) stares out of the taxi window and watches the many trees pass by. She glances down at the postcard she's fiddling with in her hands. She takes in a deep breath to calm her nerves before reading over the note once again:

Dear (Y/N),
I am going to send you off to night school. You've been lacking in your studies, and I only want what's best for you, even if that means I won't see you for a while. I've entrusted you with a family of prestigious young men. They've had many students stay with them for a while now. I hope you won't be too scared alone. I promise to write you everyday. I love you.
Sincerely,
Father

(Y/N) looks up when the taxi pulls into the mansion. She stares at her new home in awe. It was so beautiful, but something felt off about it. She suddenly got butterflies in her stomach and tightened her grip around the postcard. She was definitely not ready. The taxi parked in front of the mansion stairs as the driver turned to her. "Here's your stop, Ms. (L/N)," He says.

She slowly nods and gets out of the car. She shuts it and takes her suitcase and duffle bag out of the trunk of the vehicle. She struts up to the door and just gazes at her new "home." She gasps a little when the taxi drives away and she sighs. She's really jumpy today. She looks back at the large doors and walks up them. She lifts up her shaky fist and hesitantly knocks on the doors.

No answer.

She arches her brow and knocks again.

Still, no answer.

"Um ... hello?" She asks, knocking one last time.

The door cracks open and she stays silent. She clears her throat before putting on a smile and entering the house. "Hi, I'm (Y/N), I'll be–"

She stops her introduction when she doesn't see anyone behind the doors. "Uh ... okay?"

She wearily walks further inside the mansion, looking around. It was just as beautiful inside: the tile floors, the grand staircase, the wonderful living room, the dazzling artwork. It was so perfect. 'Huh, they seem to manage well,' She thinks to herself. She turns back to close the door, but it slams shut on her. She jumps in surprise and frowns. That was weird.