{1}

(Y/N)'s POV
I lean my head on my hand as I stare out the cold glass window of the transit bus, at the seemingly endless highway. It had already been an hour since the bus left Ocean Town, and I left my friends, family, and the life I knew. Truly there was no going back now. It's not like there was much to go back to. Coming out to my parents turned out way worse then I were expecting. They were talking about conversion therapy. As for my "friends," like I actually had any of those. The closest thing I had to "friends" were a few girls I occasionally ate lunch with. To them, I was just their token gay, but I could tell they were often uncomfortable around me. They never invited me to any of their slumber parties. As I stare endlessly out the window I hear the tapping of the rain against the bus as it grows heavier accompanied by the crashing of thunder. I sure hope this doesn't interfere with my flight into California. My thinking is quickly cut short by the sudden movement of the bus, the blinding headlights of a truck, the sound of collision, then darkness. Or so I thought. After a while I felt myself pinned under the bus. Then strangely, the bus being lifted and myself being dragged out from under the bus. I tried opening my eyes, and saw a big silhouette standing over me before disappearing. When I fully wake up I notice the blood oozing out of my legs. I rip the sleeves off my hoodie and wrap them around my legs like bandages. I then struggle trying to stand up, and fail. I then notice two broken branches that I could use as crutches. Guess I won't be flying to California any time soon.