Chapter 1: Early Morning Phone Call

Damian jerked awake when the noise started, his hand finding the batarang resting on his bedside table. The noise was loud, and he glared around his dark room before his eyes rested on his phone. It was a song by Jagged Stone, the one he set as his girlfriend's ringtone. Jagged was how they met, after all. He smiled before picking up the phone. 

"Morning, Angel."

'Morning Dami! Guess what? Your dad just texted me, he finalized the trip! I'm taking my class to Disney! Now maybe they'll leave me alone!' She sounded so excited, Damian hated to cut her off. 

"Angel -"

'And that's not all! I even had a great idea to make us matching outfits, with Chloe, Alix, and Kim too! The trip is in a month, so I have plenty of time anyway. You are coming, right? I mean... wait. Did you say morning?'

Damian sighed, smiling even though she couldn't see him. "Yeah. Mari, it's three in the morning."

She gasped. 'Oh my gosh! I forgot you're not six hours ahead! I'm so sorry, I woke you up didn't I?'

"No, you didn't. Your ringtone did." Marinette groaned at his light attempt at humor, and he laughed. "I don't really care. I'd rather talk to you than sleep anyway." He could practically feel her blush through the phone. 

'But you need sleep!'

"So, what were you saying about the contest?" Marinette huffed, probably pouting, and he laughed. "Come on Angel, what was that?"

'You're so annoying sometimes.'  

Damian smirked. "But you love me."

He could hear the smile in her voice. 'Yeah. Okay, so your dad called, and he said that he was pretty sure we won, but then he texted me like five minutes ago and said it's definite! We're going to Disney! And he said if you want there's a space for you, as long as you meet us down in Florida. He said you're going to be our translator or something. You know, French to English.'

"So when is this trip?" He put the call on speaker, scrolling to the next month in his calendar. 

'Exactly a month from today.'

"Okay, I'll be there. Now you need to get to school. You're late."

'Oh, shoot!' He heard a crashing noise. 'Bye Dami!'

~

Marinette grabbed a croissant as she rushed out the door, already having said bye to her parents. She groaned as she looked at the pictures Bruce had sent her, horrid neon green t-shirts with the words "College Francoise DuPont" printed in black blocky letters on the front. She texted back about changing them into hats, sighing in relief when he agreed. Her class would not be wearing those horrible shirts if she had anything to do with it.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" Marinette winced at hearing Chloe's voice. Sometimes that girl could be so...

"Where were you? Slept in again, didn't you? Oh great, now we're both going to be late!"

...overprotective. 

"I'm not that late," she muttered as Chloe hooked their arms together, effectively dragging her inside. 

"Mari darling, you're an hour late. Again." Marinette rolled her eyes and grumbled something before leading Chloe to her locker. Chloe quickly rushed ahead, grabbing something and sticking it in her pocket. 

Marinette looked at her suspiciously. "Chlo, what was that?"

Said girl laughed nervously. "Nothing. Just a reminder I left for myself."