Chapter 2: Reunion

Mari tumbled out of bed, Tikki shouting in her ear.

"Marinette! You have to leave!"

Marinette groaned. "But Tikki, school doesn't start for another two hours. Let me sleep."

Before the little red kwami could respond, the trap door to Mari's room opened. Tikki darted under Marinette's covers just as Sabine popped her head in.

"Marinette! Wake up! You have to be at school in 20 minutes! The bus to the airport is leaving soon!"

Her head shot up and she bolted over to her closet, pulling out clothes as her mom chuckled and went back downstairs. Marinette ran around her room grabbing last minute things she needed and the gift she had made as a surprise for Damian. After throwing on clothes, she quickly pulled a brush through her hair before opening her trapdoor to rush down the stairs and eat a quick breakfast. 

"Come one Tikki!" The kwami flew up to her, handing her one red hair tie. Marinette smiled. "Thanks Tikki. Now let's go!" Tikki flew into her purse and Marinette made her way downstairs, putting her hair up in a ponytail as she went. 

The second she entered the room, her dad shoved a bag with some food in it right at her. "This is for you and your friends. Breakfast!"

Marinette laughed, grabbing the bag. "Thanks Dad!"

Tom sniffed, pulling his daughter in a tight hug, Sabine soon joining in. "I'm going to miss you, Mari," he said, his voice muffled a bit. 

"Me too," Sabine said. 

"I'm only going to be a week!" Marinette exclaimed. Her parents pulled out of the hug, and Tom put his arm around Sabine.

"That's too long." Tom smiled at Mari. "Have fun. And tell your friends we said hi!"

Marinette nodded, grabbing her suitcase and throwing her backpack on as she left the house.  She waved back towards her house, and her parents waved back. On her way to her school, she mentally ran over what she needed to do before leaving France.  Talk with Master Fu, check. Borrow the horse miraculous, check. Call Luka and Kagami to say bye, check. Her whole list was finished. Kinda short. 

She slowed her run to a walk as she reached the stairs outside the school. Chloe stood, - coffee cup in hand - scrolling through her phone as Alix and Kim wrestled next to her. As soon as Mari reached them, she was greeted by two enthusiastic 'good morning!'s and one grunt. 

"Save me from the morning people," Chloe grumbled, latching onto Marinette's arm and resting her head on her shoulder. 

Kim grinned, nudging Chloe's back. "C'mon, Chlo! We're not that bad!" 

"Yes, yes you are." 

Spotting the bag in her hand, Alix smiled, looking up a bit at Marinette. "So... Marinette. Happen to have any food?"

"It's for the bus, Alix," Marinette said, lightly scolding her friend as she tugged at the top of the bag. 

Alix dropping to her knees, leading to Chloe groggily turning her head to face the short girl. "Oh please Marinette! Anything for just... one... bite!"  Alix gasped dramatically, falling at Marinette's feet. 

Kim started to shake with laughter, and even Chloe let out small giggle. Marinette grinned down at her friend and was about to say something when Alix sat up laughing. Mari reached a hand out only to have it grabbed by someone who definitely wasn't Alix.