Chapter 3: Rude Awakening

"I said, what is going on?"

Damian shot a look towards his girlfriend's annoying classmate. Her arms crossed and weight shifted to one side, she looked upset. Good. 

"I heard you. I just choose not to answer."

She glared at him before turning to his Angel, who still had her arms tight around him. "Marinette, who is this freak?"

Marinette didn't even get the chance to open her mouth before Chloe spoke up. "That's Mari's boyfriend, and he's way hotter than Nino. Am I right?"

Kim and Alix nodded, while Marinette just rolled her eyes. She pushed herself up on her toes to kiss him again. "You are cute."

Alya scoffed and threw her arm around Nino's shoulder. "Girl, do you actually expect us to believe that you can get a boyfriend, let alone one that looks like that? Marinette, come on. Be real. How much did you have to pay him to do this anyway?"

Damian bristled, shooting Alya with his deadliest glare. She shifted uncomfortably before sticking out her hand. "I'm Alya."

"I've heard," he said, raising an eyebrow at her outstretched hand. He made no move to take it, and soon Alya cleared her throat, pulling her hand back. 

"Okay... well who are you?"

He sighed, pulling Marinette closer. "I'm Damian, Marinette's boyfriend."

Lila stepped forward shyly, holding a hand out like Alya did. Damian let go of Marinette and took it in his, examining it - and her hair - slightly. Lila shot a triumphant smile at Marinette, who just smiled back, before speaking. "Hi. My name is Lila, and I just wanted to tell you that whatever Marinette is doing to make you pretend to be her boyfriend, you don't have to do it."

Damian brought her hand up to his face before scoffing and dropping it. "Your manicure is horrible, who puts neon orange alternating with red on their nails like that? It looks like your hand is on fire. And don't even get me started on your trashy hair. Are you styling it after sausages?"

He slung his arm around Mari as Alix started laughing. "That's so true! I've been saying that for years! Years!"

Ms Bustier choose the moment before Alya began to speak to step in. "Everyone, this is our translator, and the son of the provider of this trip. His name is Damian Wayne, please try to be nice."

Alya gaped at him before turning to Lila. "Don't you know him?"

Lila looked just as surprised as Alya. "Tell you later?" she said quickly, latching onto Adrien's arm as she said it.  Her 'friend' nodded reluctantly. Ms Bustier continued to talk, listing off the rooms everyone would be staying in, and handing out room keys. 

"Marinette, Alya, and Lila, you'll be sharing a room with two beds. Adrien and Nino, you'll be next door with one. Alright, that's everyone."

Lila and Marinette glared at each other as all of Marinette's friends began to protest. Alya scoffed. "No way we're sharing a room with a bully."

Damian nodded. "I agree. There is no way I can let Marinette share with them. We want her to have a good trip, after all. How about she shares with me? I have a much nicer room anyway."

"Well, if that's alright with her..." Ms Bustier started, but Lila shook her head rapidly. 

"No, Ms Bustier, it's okay. I can handle sharing a room as her as long as Alya is there. And we don't want anyone to have special treatment."

Alya nudged Lila as Ms Bustier held back a groan. "Too good for this world, girl."

Mari's boyfriend rolled his eyes as he hugged her from behind. "Fine, then I'll share with them. Either that or she shares with me."